User Reviews for Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide

Also known as: Genvoya

HIV Infection 7.1

Reviews for Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide

Ty · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 6, 2021

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “So far so good, no side effects.”

MJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 4, 2020

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I’ve been on Genvoya for 2 years after first learning my diagnosis. I was undetectable within a month & my counts have been fantastic. I spoke to my doctor about some side effect concerns and he told me to give it time. I’ve been speaking to him for about a year about my fatigue, lack of sleep, weight gain of over 40 pounds, depression, and sometimes numbness in my hands and feet. He says I work too much & it’s all stress related. During the quarantine, I stopped taking my meds, ate clean & worked out. I lost 11 pounds the first month. I kept the same routine & started taking my meds again. I’ve gained 2 pounds. This doesn’t add up. At this point, I don’t know if switching to other meds would be any better. They all sound like they have similar side effects.”

Indian626 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2020

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I have been HIV + since June of 2018. Started on genvoya and everything went well at first now I am having constant loss of appetite , nausea , vomiting. No good sleep. I always seem to be super gassy. Has anyone else experienced this. Started to get concerned about my health.”

Kenny · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2020

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I became HIV+ 12 years ago. I was on research for a year then I got off of it because my stomach and nerves couldn’t handle it anymore! I got on Atripla and was on it 10 years then my doctor says take a leap of faith so I did but now it’s a year later and my stomach is always hurting, I feel like I’m drained and cramped up in my muscles, it causes anxiety and depression that my doctor did not tell me about which I already had from loved ones dying around me! I’m going back to Tripla and if she doesn’t want to then I’ll take another leap of faith and get a whole new doctor! I’d rather deal with nightmares and night sweats than stomach problems, muscle cramps, anxiety and depression! HIV is already depressing enough at just the thought of having it and to take an HIV pill that induces it more is too much on me!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 30, 2020

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Genvoya gave neuropathy, numbness and tingling in my feet legs and hands. Also freezing feet. It controls the virus but the neuropathy is so bad. Dr switched me to Truluca . Neuropathy is going away now after 6 weeks on it. I hope it all goes away, this is not called quality of life.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 14, 2020

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I have been on genvoya a few years. My side effects are that I have dreams , frequent urination, half of the time diarrhea, trouble sleeping. bloating, weight is not bad. Any advice on what to take?”

Happy · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2020

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I was diagnosed with HIV as a teen, it was a really hard time for me & it took a lot of growing for me to understand the changes that were coming to me. My first days on Genvoya were filled with vomiting ( which is normal after your first doses ). The vomiting went away after a day or so- also due to using ginger to stop the nausea. I also noticed vivid dreams that were not normal to me. Slight weight gain- which was what I wanted. I do notice till this day if I go hours without eating my stomach will become upset. Even at night sometimes I have pains that wake me up, but as soon as I eat something, even small it goes away. I have been undetectable for about 2yrs now. I am learning to take better care of myself and am on a journey to happiness.”

Alfred · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 11, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “When I started to take genvoya, within one years my triglycerides and cholesterol level climb so high. I get so much weight getting more fat .doctor did not believe me so I stopped it .”

Anonymous August 31, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Well I wish there was more room to comment. ”

no name August 3, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide): “I was switched from atripla to genvoya a little over a year ago. So many less side effects and no more living in a fog. I had taken it for over 5 years. One thing I have noticed and this is the reason why I found this forum is I have gained a lot of muscle over this time. Well it started out gradual but as time has gone on I have notice a increase of certain parts of my body I have always had a problem putting muscle on. I worked out hard for years and I always thought due to genetics some parts and your build you can only go so far with. But in the last year with just a physically challenging job I have notice these parts have filled out now and its not fat. All I know is getting off of atriple even though I didn't have the internal problems most have had but did have mental was the best thing I could have done. But I'm not understanding the change in genetics I know this could be the virus or the medication. Is anyone else encountering this?”

Balbal · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Heterosexual male HIV + 31 years have been struggling with medication for a number of years I was put on Genvoya first 3 months were great then several unexplained UTI, skin on palms of hands just peeling off, severe outbreak of eczema to face energy levels and appetite dropped and the dizziness caused me to have two falls in a week. My clinic which is not local and as I have a relative in the same area so I usually combine a visit with appointment. Going to get a medical opinion in a day or so but not at all happy with the medication at present.”

Benjammim · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 5, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I have taken Genvoya since April 2018, I gained 61 pounds in 8 months, and I was depressed already just got worst.”

Eleison · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 1, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I did learn I'm HIV+ when I had brain hemorrhage 6 months ago because of car accident. I do not remember that days because I was in coma. Anyways after brain surgery they explained me I'm HIV poz. I did not think anything because my brain did not let me to think :) but I started my treatment with Genvoya 4 months ago. After 20 days since I started taking that pill I turned negative VL. Except disgusting acnes and fat I have been had no other side effects for now. Even I though I am positive I am happy because I turned back from death. Brain is more important I did learn.”

Tico · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 31, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “On Genvoya I got tired and depressed and I stayed like that for 5 months until I went back to Stribild. Then I was my self again.”

Alex · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Hi.. 3 days on genvoya and I don't really feel I am taking medicine... Maybe a little headache”

ALEX · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “My first day after Genvoya pill. A little diarrhea and smelly flatulence. My tummy is grumbling. Other feelings a little headache- but maybe thats fom the weather outside apart from that nothing noticable. So far I think this is a good medicine”

ALEX · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Just took my first pill 1. 1/2 hours ago... A litlle tingling in the tongue, thirst and my ears are a litlle red as if someone rubbed them.. Maybe it's from emotions.. Otherwise nothing-no stomach ache-no nausea- no nothing... I'll keep you posted when I make 4 hours - this post is for starters..”

Tanky · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Since I started genvoya can have had dry eyes, blurry vision and now I can hardly walk . I have never had high cholesterol and high blood pressure until taking genvoya. The doctors wouldn't listen to me when I ask to change my meds . They also won't report other side effect - this is not right . If you want people with HIV to live a normal life this not the way to treat us. We didn't ask to get HIV .”

BIG Donky · Taken for 10 years or more February 12, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Wow ! What can I possibly say it's been the best for me . HIV 10 years I'm still kicking . Genvoya is Great”

MA · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “I was diagnosed 11/23/2019 just be on Genvoya for a lil over a month and has been experiencing depression. ”

Younging · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 10, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Horrible side effect my doctor kept telling me I was okay but I know my body more then he does so I got kinda pissy about it. Then he’s like it’s just this and that blah blah blah. Listen to your body and do your research. Genvoya gave me so much diarrhea, I lost so much weight and I couldn't sleep. I was crazy and worried all the time. I was stressed out and I couldn’t control my anxiety. I was going crazy so I had to switch. Finally my doctor agreed after moaning and moaning at him. Now I’m on triumeq and I feel so much better. My eyes aren’t as red anymore”

Kim January 9, 2019

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Diagnosed in 2018, June. I have taken genvoya as my first medication when I found I was HIV +. When I diagnosed as HIV + my cd4 was 500 and VL was 3,026. I became undetectable after 3 weeks since I started taking this pill. Yesterday I went to doctor and we decided to change my medication because of side effects. I’ve been suffering by diarrhea since I took genvoya. When it was serious I went to toilet even 6~7 times a day. If I ate just a small amount of food or sauce to taste I should go to toilet straight away. The gas irritation was serious, too. Sometimes I had muscle pain. The muscle pain was okay to me. But the diarrhea was really annoying. I have a meal, dinner, a day. I couldn’t understand after toileting in the morning why the diarrhea kept happening even without food. Sometimes I was nervous to go to somewhere if i should drive more than half an hour. Honestly I don’t wanna recommend genvoya if you are thinking about it. Diarrhea, muscle pain, gas irritation, a serious fatigue.”

MrMr · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 11, 2018

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “This medication was promoted as being a Golden Egg. The headaches eventually subsided a little but the muscle fatigue has been progressively getting worse and worse to the point where it's hard even walking. Hard moving and difficult to sleep due to the pain. I also seem to be wasting at the extremities, like what happened in the 90's. Gastrointestinal - I have either fluffy stools or ones which are too hard to pass, intestinal gas, jabbing pains and generally bloated. Dreams have not subsided. They are still vivid and affect my sleep quality. The worst is the middle weight gain, all around the belly, same gym regime, same dietary consumption but it's this bloated pillow of fat. NOT recommended! Spoke to 3 friends and asked them what they are on, and without any hints they all said "was on Genvoya, fatigue, tiredness weight gain" Was on previous meds, all had side effects but Genvoya is by far the worst.”

unchanged mercy · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2018

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “Found out I was HIV positive from annual at home self testing on 10/22/18. I still can recall the day I performed the test, you have to wait like 15min for results, when I pulled back the tab and saw those two lines on the stick indicating I was HIV POSITIVE I jumped half way across the room! I felt my whole life had been turned upside down. I was not seeing a doctor regularly, being young (30years old) I felt I was as healthy as a ox and in a since, untouchable. Looking back I had experienced some night sweats and constantly being congested, almost like a slight cold that wouldn't go away, I thought it was from allergies. Today is my first day taking Genvoya and I haven't experienced any side effects after 10 hours. I pray and hope this drug will keep me healthy without any side effects. I pray to have a similar experience to other reviewers who are doing well on this drug”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 2, 2018

Genvoya (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir alafenamide) for HIV Infection: “If you are on stribild think twice before switching to Genvoya. I was doing great on stribild for 4 years with no side effects and switched to genvoya when my doctor warned that stribild can cause bone loss and kidney problems. The main side effect of stribild has been nerve pain behind the eyes, which is unbearable, stomach acid and gas irritation, and a sense of dread. I do not recommend switching if you are on stribild.”