User Reviews for Chromium picolinate

Vitamin/Mineral Supp...n and Deficiency
8.8

Summary of Chromium picolinate reviews 9.0 14 reviews

Reviews for Chromium picolinate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I am a young 58 yr female who because of a fall developed a blood clot in rt. leg & had to start blood thinner. Not allowed to continue drinking my special water. I paid BIG money to be able to get this water anytime I wanted it or any of the supplements I needed to keep my body fat under control. Years ago I took chromium picolanatete every day for a long time. I forgot all about it because of many body changes & injuries. It really helped me in the past & I plan to continue back on it. I had no side affects."

MA (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2018

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: "Despite a healthy lifestyle, that 'lean' look eluded me. I began taking 200 mcg of chromium picolinate a day and my body leaned out. I was thrilled ... till I noticed my hair coming out in clumps. I researched hair-loss and and found others experiencing hair-loss too. I quit chromium picolinate and my hair-loss stopped. Despite researching chromium picolinate (CP) before using it, I'm aware of new information always coming to light about supplements. I then came across an article linking CP to possible memory loss down the road. Scary. I long for that lean look again but not confident we know enough about the long-term effects of CP to start taking it again. I give CP 10 points for helping me attain that 'lean' look, but its side-effects concern me enough to make me rate it only 5 overall. For people with obesity-related health issues, chromium picolinate could probably save their lives by helping them lose weight. If you lose weight on CP, perhaps consider lowering your dosage if you feel you need to keep taking it to keep the weight off."

Anonymous May 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Lost 48 pounds by watching my carbs, cutting out sugar and taking chromium picolinate."

Jane April 12, 2018

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: "Started taking Chromium to stop my sugar cravings in the evening and noticed I actually stopped snacking/eating . I take 2 before my last meal and find I don't eat as much also"

DLourenco August 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Working on a diet program, the doctor gave this vitamin, I noticed low sugar, at times, my sugar went far too low, nearly causing me to pass out. Realizing what I am taking new, I reviewed information right here and so now I know to lower my insulin. Contacted my endocrinologist, suggested to test more frequently. Hopefully, if I do lose weight, want to be off insulin altogether. Thanks for the information"

Justmedaisy June 4, 2017

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: "This stuff has been a life changer. I've had a problem with social anxiety most of my life despite being a basically outgoing person. Took chromium picolinate to aide weight loss. Didn't loose weight but noticed a drastic reduction in social anxiety. I am now much more able to deal calmly with stressful situations. I take 500mg a day and really notice if I forget."

BMama September 2, 2016

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: "I was 318 pounds when I went through a gastric-sleeve surgery on 04/26/11 and lost 167 pound. The chromium helped me to avoid sugar."

marbel0227 April 18, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Has lowered my blood sugar from 7.7% to 6% sometimes it is lower than this. It also stabilizes my blood sugar quickly."

Silverfox45 March 21, 2013

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: "I have taken chromium picolinate three times in my life and each time I've miraculous results. The last time I lost plenty of weight and since no longer needed medication for hypertension."

TrueStory (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I had type 2 diabetes. I started taking 500mcg of chromium picolinate and 500mg of cinnamon after my last A1c 5 months ago which was at 6.0 just had my last A1c done July 7 and my A1c was 5.5. My doctor was amazed and took me off my diabetes medication (Januvia). "

Pinbuster71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2012

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I tried adding this supplement to my daily insulin injection therapy, and was able to cut my insulin usage in half. I now have an A1C of 7.2, down from 10.4 only 2 months ago. I take 600 mcg. before meals 3 times a day and I feel great. I think this supplement needs to be studied and utilized way more often than it is."

Wendifly February 1, 2012

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Very informative and I do appreciate the info. I am insulin dependent and do not have medical insurance. diabetes is an outrageously expensive disease with medications and diet. with it being so costly I figured I need an alternate route so I've been researching over the counter supplements with 1 of them being chromium. since taking chromium along with diet and exercise I've lost 30 pounds in 3 months and have my A1C down to 7.7 from 10.3. It's far from perfection but it is progress."

Anonymous December 10, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I used to weigh 463 pounds, my weight as of today is 211. I have been taking chromium picolinate for over 6 years now, watching my carbs, drinking water and sugar free kool aid. I started with 1 x 200 mcgs before each meal. Now I take 1 x 1000 mcg twice a day 1 before breakfast and 1 before dinner."

Stormy Ray Williams August 29, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I found that if I take 400 mg of chromium picolante and do cardio-exercise for 20 minutes, I can reduce my blood sugar up to 100 points. "

Anonymous October 6, 2008