User Reviews for Xywav to treat Narcolepsy

Prius · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2021

“It is not bad! Not quite as strong as Xyrem. Totally love the lower sodium. It is about just as good. Weird side effects during transition like headache and nausea, but those go away once your body sort of switches on to xywav.”

SleepyDude · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2021

“I was on Xyrem for about a year for Idiopathic Hypersomnia, it worked pretty well but I was getting side effects from the super high sodium content like muscle fasciculations, tinnitus, and headaches. Most of the side effects have greatly reduced now that I'm on Xywav, but unfortunately Xywav doesn't seem to be as effective at controlling my sleep inertia as Xyrem did. I noticed that my irritability increased after switching to Xywav. Hopefully they're just temporary side effects!”

Blessedw10 December 17, 2020

“I'm female with Narcolepsy +Cataplexy with severe sleep apnea for over 3 years now. I was up vomiting all night the 1st 2 nights and felt bad so I gave it a break for a night and tried it again with nurse approval to try with a cracker before taking and my sleep doctor said to add some crystal light none sugar non caffeine to add some flavor which helped out tremendously. It takes 30min-1hr to fully work. No vomiting which is a plus but now side effects of waking up every 3hrs on my own when its time for the next dose and I lay awake again until that one kicks in. And now for the past 2 days since starting my bigger dose upon waking up 3 hours later I'm having muscle spasms that feel like restless legs but in my arm only when waking up and its not a great feeling waking up to this I feel horrible from last night meds. I've been awake since 6am on my own no alarm its good compared to before this medication I was sleeping 12+ more hours and hard to motivate”

Learn more about Narcolepsy