User Reviews for Caffeine

Also known as: Vivarin, 357 HR Magnum, NoDoz, Alert, Cafcit, Jet Alert Regular Strength, Jet Alert Double Strength, Jet Alert Maximum Strength, ConRx Alert, Pep-Back ReCharge, Caffedrine, Stay Awake, Diurex Maximum Relief Water Caps Diurex Ultra Pep-Back Ultra Enerjets Fastlene Keep Going Molie Overtime Valentine …show all brand names

Caffeine has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 28 ratings on Drugs.com. 70% of those users who reviewed Caffeine reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

Drowsiness
7.4
Asthma  Off-label
8.5
Summary of Caffeine reviews 7.5 28 reviews

Reviews for Caffeine

Ozymandias · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2021

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I drive at night, it gets to like 9:30 or 10pm and bang! Drowsiness hits me like a sledgehammer! I feel like I've been drugged, something pulling my eyes shut. So a friend suggested No Doz, took one pill... Nothing. 2hrs later took another... started feeling dizzy as anything, then nauseous and still falling asleep. In fact, if anything it made the drowsiness even worse! Felt dizzy and sick all the next day. Will never touch them again, ever! Gone back to drinking RedBull.”

Captain howdy · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 27, 2021

Jet Alert Double Strength (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I use this regularly, best source I've found without a ton of sugar and actually works”

Abi · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I have ADD and I'm super sensitive to caffeine and so when I split this pill and half starting at 6:30 a.m. before work it lasts until 4 p.m. and at 4 p.m. I take the second half and I could be up until 1 a.m. but I'm capable of getting myself to sleep before then. I personally love it. I hate coffee I hate the acid reflux of coffee, and I hate the staining of teeth which this removes. Obviously this isn't recommended for everyone but I am a 30 year old female and it helps me keep attention and stay productive at home otherwise I would be a chill zombie.”

Ella · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 9, 2020

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I suffer from severe OCD and experience debilitating lack of focus and attention because of it. I'm usually stuck in my head and it makes it hard for me to stay in the present moment, which can be very stressful for me. However, nodoz helps me focus and get out of my head, which quietens the OCD thoughts and compulsions in return. I'm not sure why though, most people get worse OCD symptoms if they are on caffeine but I barely consume caffeine so when I DO take a nodoz tablet, it affects me positively. It's almost like a lifesaver when I'm experiencing a bad OCD day. Nodoz is best to take in the morning or else you will not be able to sleep before bed :) I only need to take one for it to work, sometimes two.”

GA · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 7, 2018

Vivarin (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “Highly recommended. With being a mom and sole provider for my children, my work schedule has consisted of working 6-7 days straight for the past 6 1/2 years. From the overwhelm of stress of working in the field of healthcare, in addition to multi-tasking a crazy, busy life being mom to three sons, I cannot express enough how thankful vivarin has impacted my life. Between weight controls and working so much, there’s no time outs for excercise. Especially, with my currently enrolled in school pursing my bachelors degree for Healthcare Administration. Vivarin has definitely help me in every aspect to accomplish my goals.”

Anonymous April 15, 2012

Vivarin (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “This is very effective. Sometimes, I only take half of one. Just remember to stop taking it about 6 hours before bedtime. Cheaper than energy drinks loaded with sugar. Easier on my tummy than coffee and it doesn't stain my teeth like colas. Caffeine is a diuretic so drink plenty of water to make you feel better all day.”

MJ September 7, 2019

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “For some it doesn't appear to work the same and maybe they have a large caffeinne intake to start with. I just have 1 morning coffee a day and I find "No Doz" excellent for me. I won't travel without taking at least 1, I can feel confident I can get to my destination in an alert and safe driving manner and I enjoy the drive. Occassionally I will take one just prior to lunchtime to help me get through the working day, it's an amazing pickup for me.”

Jordyqwerty December 8, 2016

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I've used NoDoz plenty of times in the past and would highly recommend to those the need a midday/afternoon energy boost for work or study. I would usually only take one tablet a day when I do use NoDoz and usually within 30min-1hrs I start to feel the results, keeps me awake, focused and energetic while on the job. There are some negatives with NoDoz though: -if you take them too often their effectiveness starts to wear off e.g you will still feel tired and not alert but you won't be able to sleep. -NoDoz can interrupt your sleep and keep you awake during the night -would alway recommended having plenty of water while using NoDoz otherwise you may start to feel dehydrated and may lead to headaches”

Awaken Man September 18, 2011

Vivarin (caffeine): “Never got used to drinking coffee, my stomach could not really stand it and energy drinks did only go so long before their side effects started to kick in and affect my health. After the age of 25 I found myself being so mentally tired all the time and would take several hours to fully awake no matter how many hours I slept. I tried a travel size pack of Vivarin once at work and felt the difference right away, after only 10 minutes I was able to concentrate and finish what used to be my 2 hour paperwork in about 30 minutes. Have not had any side effects when I take it as it is described and there was no boost limit since it only woke me up! I would not recommend taking more than two pills at once or with any other caffeine product though!”

Disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2019

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “So I drive trucks and I have to drive different times of the day. A friend told me to buy NoDoz and it didn't work at all when I took this medication I was instantly tired and I almost fell asleep at the wheel so I definitely do not recommend this at all to try to stay awake”

agirlnamshirl May 22, 2018

Vivarin (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I took Vivarin almost every day for over 15 years, close to 21 years. I didn't realize that I was suffering from hypothyroidism. All I knew was that I had the normal energy that I was missing. I finally started taking 1/2 tablet because a whole tablet was causing my heat to flutter. Soon I was taking 1/4 of a tablet and finally I had to quit taking them. After all those years, I am suffering with a damaged heart, heart arrithym (AFIB), tachycardia, and congestive heart failure. I have no blockages in my arteries, just a damaged heart and the baggage.”

GeorgiaGirl January 22, 2011

Vivarin (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I give Vivarin a seven for an OTC medication. I don't sleep well at all at night and I usually average 3-4 hours. I stay in pain so when my alarm goes off in the morning, it is much easier to put a tablet in my mouth along with my pain medication and reset the alarm for one hour later. When it goes off I feel much better for it has helped awaken me and the methadone had started to work for the pain. It doesn't upset my stomach as much as the No Doz. Then later if I want a cup of coffee and I have time to drink it I can but usually I don't have the time and I have to pop another Vivarin to keep me going.”

HotLadyB1958 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 16, 2012

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “NoDoz is the only medicine I can take that helps with my periodic fatigue and sleepiness during the day. One pill around 10 a.m. gets me going to complete my most stressful job. I don't take daily but when I did, I could instantly see the difference.”

Anonymous. March 14, 2016

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “Never again will I take this medicine!! The recommended dosage isn't listed on the packet that contains two pills so of course I took both. I ended up with chest pains that lasted almost 6 hours, nauseated, sweating, headache an to top it off paranoid that I was overdosing and going to have a heart attack! I'll stick with coffee from now on, definitely don't recommend it!”

Dylan 10101 · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2015

Vivarin (caffeine): “Because I'm currently being treated for depression, anxiety, compulsive habits, and insomnia, my doctor didn't want to add ADHD medicine to the mix. I've had horrible anxiety along with my ADHD my whole life. Not to mention my insomnia, so it was very hard to tell whether the Vivarin worked for me. I would take it occasionally, and when I took it, it just made me even more anxious and jumpy. It could be the way the medication is realesed. But I must say, one cup of coffee or one monster, bam, I instantly have an elevated mood along with increased attention and concentration. I do get shaky but very minor. For anyone out there who is concerned about their ADHD, I definitely recommend experimenting with caffeine, it is very helpful.”

Brodavid · Taken for 10 years or more December 24, 2017

For Asthma: “When you have migraine headaches and you're given Imitrex you only allowed to take 2 per day & that's only 9 pills per month under the Medicare rules, When you have no Imitrex my doctor told me to take 800 mg of ibuprofen brand name Advil and Motrin and take one 200 mg caffeine pill at the same time and that got rid of the headaches when I didn't have Imitrex”

Younger than you would think November 17, 2015

For Drowsiness: “I must say that viavarin has been a life saver. I only take one tablet at a time, could not imagine taking 2. It gives me approximately 4-6 hours of predictable energy. I feel when it kicks in and I know when I am coming down. If I have a long day I take one early and one later but I usually cannot sleep if I have 2 in my system. Being a student...it really helps me focus. And personally I don't like the NoDoz, they take a longer time to kick in and thus, longer to wear off.”

Youmu March 13, 2018

For Asthma: “Caffeine is better than nothing and if it doesn't give you insomnia or jitters, it's probably helpful for us asthmatics to have a daily cup of coffee or tea. However, I can't say that it's overly helpful and I certainly don't think it should be used before an actual asthma medication.”

Gabe · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2019

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “Take this before a concert or a long shift if ya tired. Lasts about 4 hours, Wouldn't take it any later than 7pm if you want to sleep. ”

Anonymous April 7, 2009

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I love No-Doz (caffeine citrate). Way cheaper than red bull, easier on the stomach than coffee, no stained teeth or coffee breath.”

JROD24 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2012

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “Great stuff. NoDoz really does work. Better than most stuff I've tried. Would definitely recommend.”

InfiniteBravery · Taken for 10 years or more September 16, 2015

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “NoDoze (caffeine) for Hypersomnia actually works better for me than Amphetamines such as Adderall.”

kennyboy9 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 18, 2013

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I use it for fatigue. Break the pill in half, that's 100MG, like a good cup of coffee”

Mike st December 22, 2016

Vivarin (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “I drove from Las Vegas through Iowa. it is intense it works”

InfiniteBravery · Taken for 10 years or more September 16, 2015

Vivarin (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “Vivarin for my hypersomnia worked better than taking amphetamines for wakefulness.”

I’m good now May 8, 2019

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “Definitely would not recommend taking this product. I had to call an ambulance because I thought I was going to die of a heart attack very bad for your health”

Tired Adrian · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2016

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “In the 8 hours of taking one tablet,i had about as many experiences of feeling i was going to have a stroke or heart attack.And you can buy in the supermarket,never again.”

franksgalnvr September 25, 2009

NoDoz (caffeine) for Drowsiness: “Gave me the speed jitters, irritable, and still tired and sleepy only now I'm grumpy too.”