User Reviews for Acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine

Also known as: Norel AD, Contac Cold + Flu (Night Formula), Robitussin Peak Cold Nighttime Nasal Relief, GNP Cold Relief Plus, Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom, Medicidin-D, BC Sinus Pain & Congestion, ConRx Allergy Sinus, Allergy Pain Relief, Allergy Sinus PE Pain Relief, PX Allergy Sinus PE, Allergy Multi-Symptom, Pyrroxate, Relief-PE, Onset Forte, Super Strength Sinadrin, Gendecon, Dristan Cold Multi Symptom Formula, Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Nighttime, Comtrex Severe Cold & Sinus, Comtrex Flu Therapy, Tylenol Plus Children's Cold, XL-3 Cold Medicine, Hybrid CF, Sine-Off Sinus/Cold, Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Cool Burst Day Night HEB Allergy Dryphen …show all brand names

Acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings on Drugs.com. 64% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Cold Symptoms
6.8
Sinus Symptoms
7.3
Summary of Acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine reviews 6.9 17 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine

Lmgls January 26, 2016

XL-3 Cold Medicine (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “Having a nasty cold with runny nose, sneezing, headache and sore throat; I figured I'd give this a shot. Within 30 minutes of taking 1 pill I was feeling relieved of much of my cold symptoms, however, something just didn't feel right! I started getting extremely nervous, with very high anxiety level. I seriously was freaking out! My heart was pounding like crazy at fast pace and I was all over the place. I felt as though I couldn't calm down and it all seemed to come on suddenly. One minute I was fine and the next I was loosing my self. The side effects seemed to tapper off after about 4 hours( it felt like forever) and by this time I should be in bed sleeping? I don't think that's gonna happen soon?”

Jewel October 21, 2018

XL-3 Cold Medicine (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “It’s been the best , fast acting cold medication. My family always bought it in Mexico . (Originated from Mexico) But if it’s from Mexico , the ingredients are more potent. Higher mgs. But the US brand works great. It’s best to take after a light meal ,cuts down on the instant “rush feeling “. For night time , I have taken 2 pills (30minutes or 1 hour apart ) knocked me out to get the much needed rest from flu/cold . Always be cautious of medication; everyone reacts differently.”

worried mom 2014 · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2016

For Cold Symptoms: “my 14 year old daughter took two gel tabs for the first time and shortly after became very lethargic. two hours later she experienced a seizure. she had a second seizure a day and a half later. she had no history of seizures previous to this and has not had one since. not sure if it was caused by the meds or simply coincidence. i will never give her that medication again though, that's for sure!”

Dimples1974 · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2018

Norel AD (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “I had severe sore throat, mucus draining in the back of my throat. I was given this medication and it worked the same day. I would recommend this to anyone”

Lisa Carrillo January 9, 2018

XL-3 Cold Medicine (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “I tried other medicine with minimal help with XL-3 I felt back to normal. I wake up feeling like death is coming for me, I take XL-3 in 45min I start feeling a LOT better!”

Anonymous August 22, 2009

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “Good.”

martfilip April 10, 2010

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: “I have been using it for over two decades now and it never fails.”

Allyyyy November 10, 2014

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “Lately this medicine has given me stomach pains which are very uncomfortable and I've also had the feeling like I need to use the bathroom”

kc0tpb · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2018

For Cold Symptoms: “Product works well if you can survive swallowing the pills. Took the medication and got choked, had to have rescue procedures done one me because I couldn't breathe. The pill would not go down.”

Teacher of the toddlers February 1, 2020

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “This stuff makes me so tired I can not get out of bed. It cleared my runny nose and headache, but at a huge cost, I am exhausted!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

Norel AD (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: “Does anyone else feels jittery after taking this medication?”

debor November 14, 2009

Pyrroxate (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “Excellent for drying up runny noses and relieving cough. Makes you really sleepy.”

jm · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2018

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “This caused shortness of breath. I was barely made it to the hospital. This should not be an over the counter medicine”

Caterham · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 12, 2017

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “This is the best medication for any cold or sinus problems and associated headaches. Easy to use and takes effect quickly.”

Sugar Bear · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2019

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Cold Symptoms: “This product is very effective, but your commercials are extremely goofy. I turn the channel every time one comes on. Bring the Alka Seltzer boy out of retirement.”

Mr bob · Taken for 10 years or more March 19, 2020

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: “It works but at a cost. I still feel the side effect and I took it at 6pm it 6am so if you have plans for morning it not the best choose but it does work”

Joentam · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2017

For Cold Symptoms: “I took this and made me very sick vision problems still after 4 days.”