Travel-Ease chewable tablets
Generic Name: meclizine (MEK-li-zeen)
Brand Name: Travel-Ease
Travel-Ease chewable tablets are used for:
Preventing and treating nausea, vomiting, and dizziness associated with motion sickness. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Travel-Ease chewable tablets are an antihistamine. It works by blocking a certain substance in the brain, which helps to reduce or prevent vomiting.
Do NOT use Travel-Ease chewable tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Travel-Ease chewable tablets
- you are taking sodium oxybate (GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Travel-Ease chewable tablets:
Some medical conditions may interact with Travel-Ease chewable tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- you have asthma; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); chronic bronchitis or emphysema; blockage of the stomach, intestine, or urinary tract; kidney or liver problems; enlarged prostate; or glaucoma
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Travel-Ease chewable tablets. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Perampanel or sodium oxybate (GHB) because they may increase the risk of Travel-Ease chewable tablets's side effects
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Travel-Ease chewable tablets may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Travel-Ease chewable tablets:
Use Travel-Ease chewable tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Travel-Ease chewable tablets by mouth with or without food.
- Travel-Ease chewable tablets may be chewed or swallowed whole.
- For prevention of motion sickness, take Travel-Ease chewable tablets at least 1 hour before activity or travel.
- Use Travel-Ease chewable tablets exactly as directed on the package, unless instructed differently by your doctor. Follow any warnings and precautions on the label.
- If you miss a dose of Travel-Ease chewable tablets and you are using it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Travel-Ease chewable tablets.
Important safety information:
- Travel-Ease chewable tablets may cause drowsiness or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Travel-Ease chewable tablets with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking Travel-Ease chewable tablets.
- Check with your doctor before you use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Travel-Ease chewable tablets; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- This product may contain tartrazine dye (FD&C Yellow No. 5). This may cause an allergic reaction in some patients. If you have ever had an allergic reaction to tartrazine, ask your pharmacist if your product has tartrazine in it.
- Use Travel-Ease chewable tablets with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Travel-Ease chewable tablets should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Travel-Ease chewable tablets while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Travel-Ease chewable tablets, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Travel-Ease chewable tablets:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; tiredness; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include drowsiness; hallucinations; seizures; unusual excitability; very slow or shallow breathing.Proper storage of Travel-Ease chewable tablets:
Store at room temperature, below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Travel-Ease chewable tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Travel-Ease chewable tablets, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Travel-Ease chewable tablets are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Travel-Ease chewable tablets or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Travel-Ease chewable tablets. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Travel-Ease chewable tablets. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Travel-Ease chewable tablets.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.