Mucosal Coating Gel (Gelclair)
Generic Name: Mucosal Coating Gel (Gelclair) (myoo KOH sul KOH ting)
Brand Name: Gelclair
Medically reviewed on Sep 5, 2018
Uses of Mucosal Coating Gel:
- It is used to treat mouth sores.
- It is used to treat mouth irritation.
- It is used to treat canker sores.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Mucosal Coating Gel?
- If you have an allergy to mucosal coating gel (gelclair) or any part of mucosal coating gel (gelclair).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take mucosal coating gel (gelclair) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Mucosal Coating Gel?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take mucosal coating gel (gelclair). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use mucosal coating gel (gelclair) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using mucosal coating gel (gelclair) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Mucosal Coating Gel) best taken?
Use mucosal coating gel (gelclair) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 1 hour after using.
- Mix with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of water. If too thick, you may add 1 to 2 more tablespoons (15 to 30 mL) of water. Mix well and use right away.
- Rinse in your mouth for at least 1 minute, and then spit out.
- You may also use mucosal coating gel (gelclair) without mixing.
- This medicine may become a little darker and thicker over time. This is normal and will not affect the drug.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use mucosal coating gel (gelclair) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not give 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times mucosal coating gel (gelclair) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of Mucosal Coating Gel?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Mucosal Coating Gel?
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Protect from heat and sunlight.
- Do not use if mucosal coating gel (gelclair) is out of date.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about mucosal coating gel (gelclair), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about sodium hyaluronate topical
- Sodium hyaluronate topical Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- En Español
- 6 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents
- Sodium hyaluronate topical
- Hyaluronate Sodium Cream, Gel, and Spray
- Hyaluronate Sodium Foam
- Sodium Hyaluronate Gel and Lotion