Generic Name: lidocaine/hydrocortisone (LYE-doe-kane/HYE-droe-KOR-ti-sone)
Brand Name: LidaMantle HC
Lidocaine Pad is used for:
Reducing pain, itching, redness, and swelling associated with minor skin conditions (eg, insect bites, abrasions). It is also used to reduce pain, itching, and discomfort due to hemorrhoids or other anal conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Lidocaine Pad is a corticosteroid and anesthetic combination. The corticosteroid works by reducing swelling, redness, and itching. The anesthetic works by helping to decrease soreness and discomfort.
Do NOT use lidocaine Pad if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in lidocaine Pad or to similar medicines (eg, dibucaine)
- you have a tuberculous or fungal skin infection, a herpes simplex skin infection, chickenpox, shingles, or a skin infection following smallpox vaccination
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using lidocaine Pad:
Some medical conditions may interact with lidocaine Pad. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to any anesthetic medicine
- if you have a history of thinning skin, skin infection, or other skin disorders
- if you have recently received a vaccination or if you have ever had a positive tuberculin (TB) skin test
- if you have liver problems or very poor health
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with lidocaine Pad. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Class IA antiarrhythmics (eg, disopyramide) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by lidocaine Pad
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if lidocaine Pad may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use lidocaine Pad:
Use lidocaine Pad as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Clean the affected area as directed before you apply lidocaine Pad.
- Apply lidocaine Pad to the affected area as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of lidocaine Pad and you are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use lidocaine Pad.
Important safety information:
- Lidocaine Pad is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, ears, nose, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool tap water. Protect the eye until the numbness goes away.
- If your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose, apply more often, or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If you use topical products too often, your condition may become worse.
- Lidocaine Pad may cause a numbing effect at the application site. Do not scratch, rub, or expose the area to extreme hot or cold temperature until the numbness is gone.
- Lidocaine Pad has a corticosteroid in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a corticosteroid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take lidocaine Pad before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Use lidocaine Pad with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Lidocaine Pad should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if lidocaine Pad can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using lidocaine Pad while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use lidocaine Pad, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of lidocaine Pad:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild stinging, burning, redness of the skin; skin discoloration.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); excessive irritation; skin infection (eg, redness, swelling, pus discharge).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Lidocaine Pad may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of lidocaine Pad:
Store lidocaine Pad at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Protect from freezing. Keep lidocaine Pad out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about lidocaine Pad, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Lidocaine Pad is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take lidocaine Pad or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about lidocaine Pad. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to lidocaine Pad. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using lidocaine Pad.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about hydrocortisone/lidocaine topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 2 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Hydrocortisone/lidocaine cream
- Lidocaine/hydrocortisone cream
- Lidocaine/hydrocortisone lotion
- Lidocaine/hydrocortisone pad
- Lidocaine/hydrocortisone rectal cream
- More... (2)