Generic name: Electrolyte Powder Packets (e LECK troe lite)
Brand name: Baby Darling’s Pediatric Electolyte, CeraLyte 50, CeraLyte 70, CeraLyte 90, CeraORS 75 Natural, ...show all 9 brand names.CeraSport, CeraSport Ex1, GeriAide, Pedialyte
Drug class: Minerals and electrolytes
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 21, 2020.
Uses of CeraSport Ex1:
- It is used to add back fluid after fluid loss.
- It is used to help prevent fluid and electrolyte problems.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take CeraSport Ex1?
- If you are allergic to CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets); any part of CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take CeraSport Ex1?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you have a fever, are throwing up, or have diarrhea that lasts more than 24 hours, talk with your doctor.
- Do not give to a child less than 1 year of age without first talking with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (CeraSport Ex1) best taken?
Use CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Mix in water as you have been told or read the product label. Different products may need to be mixed in different amounts of water.
- Do not mix with other liquids.
- Chill the solution to make it taste better.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- This medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of fluid and electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, very bad dizziness or passing out, fast heartbeat, more thirst, seizures, feeling very tired or weak, not hungry, unable to pass urine or change in the amount of urine produced, dry mouth, dry eyes, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
What are some other side effects of CeraSport Ex1?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out CeraSport Ex1?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat.
- After mixing, store in a refrigerator. Check with the doctor or pharmacist if you have questions about how long CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets) may be used after mixing.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about CeraSport Ex1 (electrolyte powder packets), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about CeraSport (electrolyte replacement solutions)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.