Can Zantac 150 assist in a gallstone attack?

kaismama 10 Apr 2013

I don't see that it would haveany effect on the gall bladder

g oneal 27 Jan 2018

Zantac 150 absolutely can help with gallstones. I started, unknowingly, having light gallstone attacks. At the very beginning I had what I thought was acid reflux. I went to CVS and got Zantac 150 which did wonders. The heartburn manifested into what started as a pain in my back and eventually went into my upper right abdomen just under my ribs. It hurt so bad I went to the ER. This all happens in a 5 day period. I was diagnosed with a blockage due to gallstones and sent to a surgeon. He wanted to do surgery in 3 days. The pain was so bad I was willing to try anything so during my next attack I took 2 Zantac 150’s and the pain went away. Since it was 3 weeks until ChristmasI called the surgeon and put it off for a week, hoping to make it past Christmas to have surgery.Every time I had a attack I would take 2 Zantac. I would take about a hour for the pain to stop.

Concernedbita 11 days ago

This is a very confusing situation. I have gallstones and sludge as shown in my ultrasound. I have done further tests that have shown the gall bladder is not working properly. However, zantac has helped me in my attacks! When I did not know what the pain was, I would take 2 zantacs 150mg and the pain would be gone in about an hour. Sometimes, I would also take a prilosec on top of this. It would still take an hour, but I was able to become symptom free. Now, no GI nor surgeon I have consulted with has had an explanation. Should I still get my gall bladder removed?