I have a yeast infection and I want to take diflucan can I safely take trazadone for my sleep probs?

mludwig54 12 Apr 2014

I honestly don't see any reason why you couldn't. It doesn't show any adverse effects between the 2. I am also on Trazadone as part of my Narcolepsy treatment, and Difflucan is for yeast infections. I've taken that before as well. I found no contraindications for taking both the 'Difflucan and Trazadone' together. ♥

mludwig54 12 Apr 2014

I checked on this wonderful website,

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/diflucan-with-trazodone-1096-630-2228-0.html?professional=1

and from what I read, Trazadone itself is not considered a 'safe' drug to combine with anything, but if used properly under Physicians instructions I saw no conflict, just the usual 'safety' remarks when a drug like Trazadone is part of the subject. The info below is about Trazadone, I saw nothing regarding Difflucan interaction, only that the recommendation is to not combine Trazadone with anything else. If anyone has other info posted somewhere that is reliable, please comment. I got my information here:
fluconazole ↔ trazodone

Drug Interaction Classification

Tina57 12 Apr 2014

fluconazole ↔ trazodone

Applies to: Diflucan (fluconazole), trazodone

Talk to your doctor before using traZODone together with fluconazole. Combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or special monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or fast or pounding heartbeats during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

smileyhappy 12 Apr 2014

Hi there,
Yes I have before and it is fine.
Smileyhappy