Basically what would the regimen be for clearing up a UTI using the antibiotic penicillin VK... what strength and dosage and for how many days should it be taken to make sure the bacterial infection is fully cleared up ... thank you so much for your time :)
I was wondering how much penicillin VK should be taken daily and for how many days to cure a UTI?
- 14 Sep 2017 by Bianca Paxton
- 15 Sep 2017
- penicillin vk, urinary tract infection, infections, bacterial infection, penicillin, dosage, antibiotics, bacterial, regimen, penicillins
Added 17 Sep 2017:
Thanks WildcatVet! I am following my doctors orders! Thanks for the wonderful advice! Take care
Bianca, it could vary greatly ~ 125mg to 500mg every six to eight hours for seven to fourteen days. But first, you'd need a culture and sensitivity test to determine if it's a yeast or bacterial infection. If it IS bacterial it would need to be determined whether the microorganism is even sensitive to penicillin and at what dosage.
You'll need to make an appointment or drop off a sample before attempting to treat this infection.
Best regards, Wildcat
- Penicillin VK Information for Consumers
- Penicillin VK Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Penicillin VK (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 19 Jan 2015 • 3 answers
Urinary Tract Infection - I am fighting a uti for three months now and taking antibiotics for it but
Posted 6 Oct 2015 • 2 answers
Posted 8 Jul 2017 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Sep 2017 • 1 answer
Posted 19 days ago • 0 answers