I have been taking it close to fifteen years. I have developed First Degree AV block & Right Bundle Branch Block. Extremely tired all the time, Moody, nervous, no get up & go. Have gained weight, feet & legs swell, my right hand & head shakes. my liver showed "enlarged" in recent test. My hips & legs ache, can barely walk when getting up. I think all this could be caused by Cardizem & would like to stop taking it. My Dr. says he doesn't know what will happen if I stop. I also take Synthroid 25 mg & Armour 75mg, plus the IC Diltiazem (cardizem) 24 hr.ER 120mg. 1 ea. a day (female, age 70)
Cardizem (diltiazem hydrochloride) is a prescription medication used to treat certain types of chest pain (angina).
Cardizem to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The most common Cardizem side effects included:
* Swelling or water retention (especially in the hands, feet, or lower legs) -- in up to 2.4% of people; * Headache -- up to 2.1%; Nausea -- up to 1.9%;
* Dizziness -- up to 1.5%; * Rash -- up to 1.3%; * Weakness -- up to 1.2%.
It is also recommended to seek a second opinion before you stop or start to take any med, take care & be well!
- Cardizem Information for Consumers
- Cardizem Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Cardizem (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 6 Jan 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 3 Jul 2010 • 4 answers
Posted 8 Jan 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Aug 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 30 Jul 2016 • 0 answers