What is the highest recommended dose for Cymbalta?

cspecialmom1111 29 Apr 2010

the maximum highest dose for cymbalta is 120 mg. I am on 120 mg. and have not encountered any problems or side effects. The doses go from 20mg to 30mg to 60mg to 90mg(1 60mg and 1 30 mg pill) then it goes to the max which is 120mg 1 times per day. Hope this helps. If your Dr. tries to put you higher than 120 mg, I would research the drug completely. Try to find out if more severe side effect can happen at increased doses.

grandmasheryl 8 Oct 2011

i beleaive its 60 mg .im currently weening off cymbalta i gained almost 50 lbs and now im putting it on rapidly every two wks not even im putting on 2 too 2n a half lbs that sucks so i was prescribed viibryd havnt tryed it yet but read nothing but good things about it so far hope this was usefull

FibrDepr 14 Jan 2013

My pain management doctor (an anesthesiologist) says the highest recommended dose is 120 mg.

ana09 23 Apr 2013

60 mg. Some people are in 120mg but the studies states that there is not proff of more confort in the condition treatment. See Cymbalta facts at Cymbalta.com. Hope this help!, AnnieG