What is the highest recommended dose for Cymbalta?

cspecialmom1111 29 Apr 2010

the maximum highest dose for cymbalta is 120 mg. I am on 120 mg. and have not encountered any problems or side effects. The doses go from 20mg to 30mg to 60mg to 90mg(1 60mg and 1 30 mg pill) then it goes to the max which is 120mg 1 times per day. Hope this helps. If your Dr. tries to put you higher than 120 mg, I would research the drug completely. Try to find out if more severe side effect can happen at increased doses.

grandmasheryl 8 Oct 2011

i beleaive its 60 mg .im currently weening off cymbalta i gained almost 50 lbs and now im putting it on rapidly every two wks not even im putting on 2 too 2n a half lbs that sucks so i was prescribed viibryd havnt tryed it yet but read nothing but good things about it so far hope this was usefull

FibrDepr 14 Jan 2013

My pain management doctor (an anesthesiologist) says the highest recommended dose is 120 mg.

ana09 23 Apr 2013

60 mg. Some people are in 120mg but the studies states that there is not proff of more confort in the condition treatment. See Cymbalta facts at Cymbalta.com. Hope this help!, AnnieG

FradyCat 6 Feb 2018

I have been on 90 mg for a while. I tend to sleep quite a bit so my doctor and I thought it would be a good idea to stop it so I am weaning. I have been on 60 mg for the last week and a half and my neuropathy has gotten ridiculously worse.

Neuropathy is absolutely not a joke! I am not finding any relief with my current regimen. I take Cymbalta 60 mg daily (was weaning, but I can't stand the neuropathy worsening!!), Lyrica 75 mg twice daily, Gabapentin 300 mg twice daily, alpha lipoic acid 600 mg twice daily, and turmeric!

I will be contacting the doctor tomorrow to ask if I can go back up to the 90 mg a day and possibly to 1:20. I was having a lot of breakthrough pain so I think maybe 120 would help. This is my two cents worth, I hope it helps someone.

Loveantwinette 4 May 2018

I am taking 120mg now and I haven't had any bad side effectd or any significant pain relief. I have Trigeminal neuralgia and my medication regime was 200mg lyrica 2x daily, 900mg trileptal 2x daily, 10mg baclofen 3x daily, 100mg amitriptyline once at bedtime. The lyrica made me gain 110 lbs in 15 months but I was still having severe pain each day. Pain Management doctor added lortab 10mg 3x daily but I still had pain. In the last 3 months my doctor stopped the lyrica and put me back on gabapentin 900mg 3x daily which i was taking before the lyrica still no relief. Just started the cymbalta 2 months ago Im at 120mg now and stopped the trileptal for tegretol 200mg 4x daily and stopping the gabapentin all together. I am having more relief in these last few months than i have in years. I am still in pain everyday most of the day but it is much more bearable than with my other medications. I will keep taking the cymbalta and tegretol and hopefully I can go into remission!