What is the difference between yellow, white, and green 2mg alprazolam tablets?

puckiemull 12 Mar 2011

Hi Liz
From what i can gather the different colours are either brand or generic 2mg alprazolam. They come in different colours depending on the company,but they are all alprazolam.
Hope this is of some help

Liz110 12 Mar 2011

Thank you for your response, it did help; however, I've heard that the yellow generic is better than white and green. Today when I refilled my prescription, the tablets were green and was dumbfounded. So, I am still trying to figure out which generic and distributer is best... Any more thoughts?

puckiemull 13 Mar 2011

Hi Liz
What is the name of the tablets you collected?There are so many different names-brand or generic but as far as i know they all are supposed to do same thing.Although i did get blue1mg tablets called"gerax"and usually i get xanax but because my pysc didnt specifically(sorry spelling)write xanax just alprazolam,the pharmacey gave me gerax saying it was cheaper to dispence. I dont know if its the same thing or of any help to you??

phunnypharm 8 Oct 2013

I have never noticed a difference in the way the medication works however I am in a program that requires weekly drug tests, I am prescribed xanax, and my tests will come up with 3-4 different benzodiazepines in it. The reason for this being different generics (colors) sometimes have different ingredients like clonazepam, oxazepam, temazepam. The only way to insure that you are taking actual xanax by itself is to stick to the name brand, generics can be dangerous. So with that being said the difference is ingredients.

Chada214 16 Sep 2018

That is not true at all they clonazepam is Klonopin a totally different substance, just like diazepam is valium they don't put that into any color of any Xanax it all has to do with the company making them and the fillers and additives. off brands can put up to 20% fillers and 80 % of the medication where as is real brand is 100 % med with few fillers.

Thebenzobob 28 Feb 2017

The yellow ones the have an R039 on them are the best n have not been faked as the rest have been lately I would stick with the yellow ones even before the Xanax brand cause they are being tampered with in other contreys them ones the most followed by the white ones with a single g on it

Babydoll luv 9 May 2018

Is the white Xanax the same as the white ones