What is the difference between yellow, white, and green 2mg alprazolam tablets?

puckiemull 12 Mar 2011

Hi Liz
From what i can gather the different colours are either brand or generic 2mg alprazolam. They come in different colours depending on the company,but they are all alprazolam.
Hope this is of some help

Liz110 12 Mar 2011

Thank you for your response, it did help; however, I've heard that the yellow generic is better than white and green. Today when I refilled my prescription, the tablets were green and was dumbfounded. So, I am still trying to figure out which generic and distributer is best... Any more thoughts?

puckiemull 13 Mar 2011

Hi Liz
What is the name of the tablets you collected?There are so many different names-brand or generic but as far as i know they all are supposed to do same thing.Although i did get blue1mg tablets called"gerax"and usually i get xanax but because my pysc didnt specifically(sorry spelling)write xanax just alprazolam,the pharmacey gave me gerax saying it was cheaper to dispence. I dont know if its the same thing or of any help to you??

Liz110 13 Mar 2011

Well anytime I've been prescribed 2nd alprazolam they have been white or yellow and when I filled my prescription yesterday, the bars were blue and the dispense manufacturer is called DAVA??? I dont know they just make me feel different then the yellow or white onea and from what I hear the yellow bars are the best generic! Dammit. Lol

puckiemull 13 Mar 2011

You should maybe go back to pharmacy and explain to them that those tabs make you feel funny compared to the others you previously got.
Theres no harm in trying and seeing what they say because the tabs should have the same effect despite colour or shape.I never heard of that brand,i would contact gp or pharmacy and discuss it further with them?

Liz110 13 Mar 2011

Thanks for all of your advice... But going back to pharmacy won't do me
Any good because I already took some of them!!! I'll just make sure that next
Time I get it filled they are yellow, hopefully!!! Take care;)

phunnypharm 8 Oct 2013

I have never noticed a difference in the way the medication works however I am in a program that requires weekly drug tests, I am prescribed xanax, and my tests will come up with 3-4 different benzodiazepines in it. The reason for this being different generics (colors) sometimes have different ingredients like clonazepam, oxazepam, temazepam. The only way to insure that you are taking actual xanax by itself is to stick to the name brand, generics can be dangerous. So with that being said the difference is ingredients.