What is the difference between lisinopril and HCTZ?

Lisinopril is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme.

Lisinopril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), congestive heart failure, and to improve survival after a heart attack.

Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.

Hydrochlorothiazide treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, or kidney disorders, or edema caused by taking steroids or estrogen. This medication is also used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).

https://www.drugs.com/lisinopril.html

https://www.drugs.com/hydrochlorothiazide.html