What is proper way to stop taking lisinopril?

Psyched 24 Jun 2009

Erman, I'm not sure of the proper tapering regimen, but your doctor would know exactly. I do know that you can't stop taking it abruptly, but that's all I know about it.

timken8887 16 Jan 2010

did u find out how to stop the lisinopril properly

wd bakheet 17 Mar 2012

Abrupt withdrawal of lisinopril has not been associated with rapid increase in blood pressure or a significant increase in blood pressure compared to pretreatment level.

Yitzer 4 Oct 2012

I started Lisinopril a month ago and I finally went to a clinc today to see why I was coughing like crazy. They told me it was the Lisinopril. I was not warned of this and have called my doctor to make a switch. The clinic said stop immediately so I will.

Jacqueline111222 18 Oct 2012

Did they put you on something different? I am really curious to see how withdrawals go with Lisinopril.

prohealthy 8 Feb 2013

The only proper way that I knw of to stop taking any prescription meds is to consult with your doc. Hypertension is tricky..that's why it's called the "silent killer."

pascazio 27 May 2013

Last week, I switched pharmacies. The new pharmacist would not fill one of my prescriptions because she said that I was taking two meds that do the same thing, Valsartin (Diovan) and Lisinopril. These two meds were prescribed by two different doctors. (Each knew about the other, but neither wanted me to stop taking the one they prescribed.) since Lisinopril is currently off the market (something to do with a bad smell reported in the packaging), she filled the Valsartan. So, I have not taken Lisinopril for three days, so far. I will address the question at my next appointment with my cardiologist two weeks from now.