Voltaren Gel - Will voltaren work on the pain of gout?

4 Answers

Stephen Treloar 10 Aug 2015

Unlikely, my one experience of gout was just misery. It was a long time ago, but I recall taking a lot of nurofen to no effect. The other two were voltaren (made me sick) and feldene (AU name). Like I said it was a long time ago.

lovnmyredhead 4 Apr 2017

Stephen, you should NOT answer questions like this if you have not had any experience with it. I have had many gout attacks. The Voltaren Gel does help, considerably. You have probably made that person miss-out on some long needed relief. Shame on you. If you know not - say not. Speculation is not healthy in this case,

Nate Higgers 9 Feb 2018

Never worked for me, tried it several times.

Stephen Treloar 13 Jan 2019

@lovnmyreadhead, shame on you for being for being an opinionated snowflake. Re read what I said.

GMc 13 Jan 2019

Lol

lovnmyredhead 4 Apr 2017

Yes, to answer the the question. It will definitely help reduce the inflammation and pain level.
I use Voltaren Gel for my bad knees. Was having a gout incident, despite using allopurinol and watching the 'purine' levels of the foods I eat. Tried the gel on my ankle (where this gout attack was happening). Like I said. . . It clearly helped.

callhurd 20 Dec 2018

I use Voltaren gel on my gout (toe) and it works very well to relieve the pain and reduce the swelling.

Belachos 28 Dec 2018

This product is highly effective in gout. For me, I ice the joint affected, dry it and apply voltaren gel. Be sure to sllow the gel to dry on the gout (takes about 8-10 minutes). My rheumatologist prescribed this product and it works great.