Voltaren Gel - Will voltaren work on the pain of gout?

Stephen Treloar 10 Aug 2015

Unlikely, my one experience of gout was just misery. It was a long time ago, but I recall taking a lot of nurofen to no effect. The other two were voltaren (made me sick) and feldene (AU name). Like I said it was a long time ago.

lovnmyredhead 4 Apr 2017

Stephen, you should NOT answer questions like this if you have not had any experience with it. I have had many gout attacks. The Voltaren Gel does help, considerably. You have probably made that person miss-out on some long needed relief. Shame on you. If you know not - say not. Speculation is not healthy in this case,

lovnmyredhead 4 Apr 2017

Yes, to answer the the question. It will definitely help reduce the inflammation and pain level.
I use Voltaren Gel for my bad knees. Was having a gout incident, despite using allopurinol and watching the 'purine' levels of the foods I eat. Tried the gel on my ankle (where this gout attack was happening). Like I said. . . It clearly helped.