Can I take Valium and Xanax together?

lgotv 3 Jan 2013

i can only answer from my own experience,,, i have taken both,,my doctor gave me valium for muscle spasams,,, an xanax for my nerves,,it worked for me,,for a while,,but after awhile u get immune,,an need switching,,from time tooo time,,, GOOD LUCK

Anonymous 3 Jan 2013

Hello mboemasta,

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

Valium (diazepam) interacts with more than 300 other drugs.
Xanax (alprazolam) interacts with more than 300 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

balbanese 3 Jan 2013

Yes, if the same Dr prescribed them both and instructed you to take both and you take as directed. From what I know though, you risk respiratory arrest in your sleep from mixing these. Hope this helps.

cupcake7667 3 Jan 2013

Absolutely, per Md recs. I also use Valium as a muscle relaxer. My pain doc says its the best there is and then I use Xanax for my anxiety. Sometimes paths may cross and I get sleepy. But, other than that, I've been on both for years. Hope that helps!!!

happy2behere 8 Oct 2016

I take both and have back spasms. How are you directed to take yours for a muscle relaxant & anxiety? Daily doses & when to take. Thank you for your help

Anonymous 3 Jan 2013

Hello mboemasta. Yes you can. The interactions will effect you though. Cognitive/CNS/Motor/ functions will be effected when taking both drugs. Regards pledge