What were your side effects if you drank while on metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis?

kaismama 8 Sep 2012

I have really tried not to answer you because I have a strong reaction to people who have to drink when on meds, but I have to do it. It is NEVER advisable to drink when on medication, but with this med you can get abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting and headache. Its best not to drink for at least a day after you stop it too.

Anonymous 8 Sep 2012

This is one that will make you puke VIOLENTLY if you drink within 48 hours of taking it. Please do NOT drink, you will get very very sick on it, if you drink! Patti

DzooBaby 8 Sep 2012

Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this medication and for at least 1 day (3 days if you are taking the oral capsules) after finishing this medicine because drinking alcohol may result in severe stomach upset/cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache and flushing. You will get really nasty sick if you drink while taking this medication-not might , WILL!

Melody25 8 Aug 2016

Hi. My Doctor Gave me This Medication. After Taking It For 2 Days. I Slipped Up & Drunk Some Wine. I Got Back On It. A Day After. I'm Just Starting To Get Stomach Cramps. What Should I Do. ? I Haven't Had A Drink Since Saturday Night. I'm Scared. Will It Still Work ? Should I Go To My Doctor?

titsmcghee 28 Dec 2017

I can't speak for bacterial vagionosis -I'm taking mine for a skin infection on my face resulting from a tooth abcess- but I've had no major side effects from drinking on these meds. The alcohol is hitting me a little harder than usual, and the hangover is worse than normal, but there are no serious side effects. That said, I wouldn't want to endorse it because it goes against medical advice, but I would like to reassure you that a couple of drinks won't do any harm. free discount card