What are the side effects of coming off warfarin after been on warfarin for 9 months?

kaismama 25 Sep 2013

There should not be any kind of withdrawal symptoms from this med. Your chance of clotting will increase of course.

Inactive 26 Sep 2013

Warfarin is a blood thinner - I used it for 6 months or so after a "cardiac event". There were no withdrawal symptoms for me. On the plus side, I no longer bled for hours after a nick while shaving, so, as Kaismama said, your blood will clot faster, which in most cases, is a good thing. You will be fine, Best of luck to you!!

HeadStarter 26 Sep 2013

Hello Kathleen and welcome to DC. Isn't it a relief to be told there are NO KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS!!! YEAH FOR YOU SO PLEASE DON'T WORRY. I was also on it following a total hip replacement. No problems... just stop when you are deemed stable or whenever the doctor tells you to stop. No known issues...

Mary