Does Seroquel show up in a urine drug test?

Anonymous 18 Jan 2013

Hello jlynne. Yes and no. It will depend on the grade of the drug test. What I name a standard test, no. Regards pledge

kaismama 18 Jan 2013

Seroquel isn't a controlled medication, so whether or not it would show, it won't be tested for.

Anonymous 18 Jan 2013

I agree with Kaismama, but quetiapine (Seroquel) - can cause false positives for Amphetamines. I know this from personal experience (10 years ago). I then asked for a Hair Follicle test, which I paid for.

Before they do the test tell them you are on Seroquel, have your script at hand and you will be fine.

Best of luck,

masso.-

PoisonAlice 18 Jan 2013

Standard drug tests don't test for antipsychotics such as Seroquel. The only way they would test for it is if they sent it to a lab to specifically test for it, and I've never heard of that happening.

jlynne 20 Jan 2013

Thank you all for your helpful comments.

PoisonAlice 20 Jan 2013

You're welcome jlynne, and sorry our little misunderstanding took your question sideways, LOL! You wouldn't believe the stories out there of false positives due to either a different drug in the system which the metabolites excreted from the body test similarly to the drugs being tested for occasionally, or from faulty dip tests. I think that if these dip tests are being used as standards for law enforcement, such as for drug court and probation, then these tests have to be held up to better manufacturing standards than is now common. But don't let that worry you too much. You *shouldn't* come up with a false positive, and if so, you can always tell them to send the urine sample they tested to a lab for better testing.

tonya69Mize 6 Apr 2017