Skip to Content

Quick ? what if you take 20 mg of norvasc are there dangerous?

Responses (1)

Rajive Goel 16 Oct 2010

Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is a prescription medication known as a calcium channel blocker. It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and certain types of heart disease. The effects of a Norvasc overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Norvasc was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and/or drugs.

If you happen to overdose on Norvasc, seek medical attention immediately.

It is not fully known what effects an overdose may cause in humans. Based on the effects of a Norvasc overdose in animals and based on the way Norvasc works, symptoms may include:

Low blood pressure & Fast heart rate.

This may cause signs or symptoms that include:

Lightheadedness; Dizziness; Fainting; Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart.

Take care, be well & safe.

Drugs.com free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions

Norvasc - does the flushing ever go away ?

Posted 2 Mar 2010 2 answers

Does norvasc aggravate rosacea?

Posted 3 May 2010 1 answer

Is it a cyst? or something dangerous?

Posted 28 Jul 2011 2 answers

Can norvasc cause memory loss?

Posted 18 Jun 2013 1 answer