Diagnosed with DVT 8 days post Moderna Vaccination. Healthy 68 year old male with no history of pulmonary issues. DVT is located in upper right leg, swelling and discomfort. I am on Eliquis now 11 days in. Swelling and mild discomfort still prevalent. Waiting to be contacted by a pulmonologist. How concerned should I be?
Newly diagnosed with DVT. Prescribed Eliquis?
- 2 days 2 hours ago by Nobsboss
- 4 May 2021 (1 day 2 hours ago)
- deep vein thrombosis (dvt), swelling, prescription, male, vaccination, eliquis, diagnosis, discomfort
What questions should I pose to the specialist?
Hi Nobsboss; Once a clot has been detected, the standard procedure is to dissove it with tPA or PLAT (surgical intervention). Thereafter, the Hemetologist will prescribe an anticoagulant (aka blood thinner) to ensure that clots are not formed again.
- Eliquis Information for Consumers
- Eliquis Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Eliquis (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.