Can I take my Naproxen for gout pain, it is past the expiration date?

kaismama 25 Jun 2014

The danger with most meds is that they won't have their full strength anymore. For some meds this is dangerous. For something like naproxen what it would mean is just that your pain may not be eased. There are some meds that are dangerous if old, like the tetracyclines.

fayfaith 25 Jun 2014

If it's just a number of weeks for naproxen even up to a couple of months,I'd personally say ok. I've taken naproxen off n on for years pn have had expired bottles. But it's always best to take within the exasperation dates. It can be very dangerous with some drugs/medications. U have to know what you're taking. Oh, I have a friend who takes this (med) for "Goupt".incorrect spelling,sorry. He says it doesn't really do a lot in helping him. My son takes it n he seems to like it. I don't really care for it either. Wishing U the best.