Does metformin cause cancer in bladder?

It is not a known side effect.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/metformin-side-effects.html

judiglidewell 25 Jun 2013

while it may not be a known side effect, my mother in law took it and we just buried her from bladder cancer.

nikkid27 27 Jul 2013

My dad never smoked but he did take metformin for years (still is) and was just diagnosed with bladder cancer a couple months ago.

sissy51 5 Nov 2013

Whether bladder cancer is a "Listed" side effect or not is not the issue. The issue is that many people are getting bladder cancer from the use of Metformin. I used Metformin for a few years for diabetes and fortunately discovered stage 1 bladder cancer accidentally when passing a kidney stone in April of 2012. The use of Metformin and the link to bladder cancer NEEDS to be investigated.

iagal58 16 May 2014

we just buried my mother, she suffered from Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the bladder and kidneys, does metformin cause this type of cancer??? She was on it for years for type 2 diabetes