I've been having pain during sex since late 2011 and I have gone to a gynecologist multiple times to see why. Every time, he tells me everything looks and feels regular. Today, I was self examining and I found a big, hard lump right behind my cervix. It's slightly movable but extremely painful to the touch, and is in the exact area that hurts during sex. Its size is roughly between a golf ball and a tennis ball, not exact though since it doesn't feel round. It feels a little oblong, but not bumpy or misshapen. The doctor recommended that I get x-rayed to see if there was anything going on that couldn't be seen, but I don't want to spend the money on x-rays if there isn't a chance that it's truly needed. Please help me!