Hello, How long does it take tamsulosin 0.4mg to get our of your system fully after you stop taking it? It's been two days since I stopped taking it and I'm still having all the side effects of it.
How long does it take tamsulosin 0.4mg to get our of your system fully after you stop taking it?
Question posted by RebekkaBlackRose on 17 June 2019
Last updated on 19 June 2019 by Sychrade
I believe that after you stop taking Tamsulosin, it stays in your system for a full 7 days after stopping taking it.
So if your experiencing side effects of this medication..those side effects will still be there and happen because the pill is still in your body for 7 days..even after you stop taking the pill.
It can take a while for this medication to fully leave your body.
It depends on your age, weight & psychical health.
Following intravenous or oral administration of an immediate-release formulation, the elimination half-life of tamsulosin hydrochloride in plasma ranged from 5 to 7 hours. This is the time it takes for your body to reduce plasma drug levels by half.
Because of absorption rate-controlled pharmacokinetics with tamsulosin hydrochloride capsules, the apparent half-life of tamsulosin hydrochloride is approximately 9 to 13 hours in healthy volunteers and 14 to 15 hours in the target population(those who needed the medication).
How fast tamsulosin is cleared from your system may depend on whether you take the immediate release or controlled release preparations.
As a general guide medicine is cleared from one's system in 5.5 x elimination hours. So if we took the maximum elimination half-life as 15 hours, then tamsulosin should be cleared in 82.5 (83) hours which is approximately 3 1/2 days.
However other factors to consider include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
- Tamsulosin uses and safety info
- Tamsulosin information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side effects of Tamsulosin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.