I was getting ready for my fourth infusion. no relief at all yet, the pain and the fatigue was as bad as it could be. Them I developed rashes all over my body and swelling on my legs and feet. We stopped the infusions. Now I would like to know how long it will take for Actemra to get out of my system?
The half life (the time it takes for plasma levels to reduce by half) will vary depending on the dose you received and how long you had been taking it for, ranging from 10 to 13 days to 4 weeks (see link below)
It usually takes around 5.5 half lives for a drug to be completely eliminated from your system.
Other factors also need to be taken into account and include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Hope this is of help.
- Actemra Information for Consumers
- Actemra Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Actemra (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 25 Mar 2013 • 4 answers
I have PMR and GCA and have been on steroids for 6 months.My doc wants me to start Actemra infusion?
Posted 18 Jan 2016 • 4 answers
Posted 26 Jan 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Jul 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 19 Sep 2016 • 7 answers