I was getting ready for my fourth infusion. no relief at all yet, the pain and the fatigue was as bad as it could be. Them I developed rashes all over my body and swelling on my legs and feet. We stopped the infusions. Now I would like to know how long it will take for Actemra to get out of my system?
The half life (the time it takes for plasma levels to reduce by half) will vary depending on the dose you received and how long you had been taking it for, ranging from 10 to 13 days to 4 weeks (see link below)
It usually takes around 5.5 half lives for a drug to be completely eliminated from your system.
Other factors also need to be taken into account and include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Hope this is of help.
- Actemra Information for Consumers
- Actemra Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Actemra (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 24 Mar 2013 • 1 answer
Updated 19 Oct 2017 • 4 answers
How long can I expect to feel run down after my Remicade infusion? I have been on 5mg but I just got
Updated 27 Jan 2016 • 1 answer
Updated 27 Feb 2017 • 1 answer
Updated 7 Dec 2017 • 7 answers