Since lisinopril and meloxicam can affect our kidney function, is there another BP RX I can take?

PepperM 23 Apr 2015

I take Clonidine. It has been working good for me for the last 6 months. It also helps with my anxiety. Lisinopril does cause kidney damage.

sara12345 25 Apr 2015

Lisinopril can improve kidney function. I don't know about meloxicam and all situations, but my nephrologist (kidney specialist) at a major university medical hospital recommended that I take Lisinopril for my stage 3 kidney failure. Indeed there are a number of U.S. Government National Institute of Health studies which show improved kidney function with Lisinopril.

PepperM 25 Apr 2015

Sara I wasn't being rude. I just thought you should know. : )

sara12345 25 Apr 2015

No offense taken. I just wanted people to know that the statement that "Lisinopril does cause kidney damage." isn't necessarily true according to a most reputable research organization.

PepperM 25 Apr 2015

lisinopril and the company that makes it had a class action lawsuit against them. Look it up online. Maybe it actually works for a lot of people. Those people need to look into it more. I'm glad to hear that it helped improve your condition. Plz be careful anyone who uses it.

Nattjenta 26 Apr 2015

I think the relationship with lisinopril and Kidney function is if you already have Kidney disease when you start taking it. Do you have Kidney disease, or are you just afraid you will get it? When it comes to HBP you want to make sure you take your medicines as directed by your doctor. If you don't trust that your doctor knows what he's doing, find another doctor you feel better with. HBP can damage ALL your vital organs, so you want to make sure you get it back down and keep it down. Ask me how I know...

Maria jane 29 Apr 2015

I would like more information please I'm intressend.

Nattjenta 2 May 2015

Rhonniea, you need to find a doctor to answer these questions. You can't go in and tell a doctor you heard about another medication and you want to take that. Blood Pressure is serious business. I almost died from it! Take what your doctor tells you to take. Or, if you don't like your doctor, find another one.