I was wondering if anyone else had experienced severe headaches on focalin xr? It is a new problem?

bgrateful32 26 Oct 2009

Hi, I also take focalin xr, 30 mg a day (2 capsules in a.m., 1 in the afternoon). I have been taking this for about 3 or 4 years now, give or take. ( with a few months breaks from it in between) I also experience severe headaches! They start a day or so after I begin my round for the month with the 1st dose. Then, they just get worse, and things just get worse from there. I not only have severe headaches, but my lips break out with fever blisters, and I also get horrible mouth sores from the dry mouth I also experience! it's like playing connect the dots. as soon as I take that 1st dose, I know what is coming the next several days, and I soo dread it. I am to the point that I hate taking the focalin xr now. I hate dealing with the side effects and discomfort, stress, loss of sleep, and buying out drugstores of advil, orajel, and related pains like that.

rawboots 13 Oct 2010

I just started the focalin xr two days ago. I got a real bad headache the first day but after I took it i fell right asleep. Woke bout a half hour later and I felt a hell of a lot better. Was a weird kinda happy. Today was ok. Does this med make you tired ocasionally ?

gapeachinfl6 11 Aug 2011

My daughter was taking Focalin XR 20mg and she complained of frequent headaches. I have her now on Focalin 20 mg twice daily and she has not complained of headaches since.

toddcas 21 Feb 2012

I also had bad headaches 2 with focalin ir and er I was switched to concerta and ritalin and I stil get headaches prolly Miprolly once every other week bu5t not every day and sleep a lot better now gl

Anonymous 15 Jun 2012

Hello swibbler. Headaches are a common and normal side effect to taking Focalin. Best of wishes to you, pledge

Matt68046 28 Feb 2017

It is from vascular constriction. Veins are shrunk up. Especially to the thought process frontal areas of our brains. A warm washcloth on your forehaed should do the trick.