Hydrocodone, is it potentially harmful to chew up when taking?

kaismama 2 Jan 2013

It may get into your system a bit faster, but otherwise I don't think it would hurt. It would taste awful tho. lolol

DzooBaby 2 Jan 2013

Hydrocodone is not time release in the US so as long as it is not a time release formula, it can be broken or crushed. Chewing it up WILL taste awful as KM pointed out. If you have difficulty swallowing pills, it does come in a liquid form (your doc will have to order liquid) or you can crush the pill with a pill crusher and add it to a bite of applesauce, jelly or pudding (something soft that you can swallow without chewing) and swallow it down in one bite.

roblesc1877 20 days ago

I have a esophageal stricture and have a very hard time swollowing pills I'm trying to find a alternative to taking them easier but I'm scared to get too much of a buzz or sick I would have asked for liquid but I didn't know as I just got diagnosed recently with my stricture I take a 5/325 maybe one every 2-3 days I took one tonight and it has a super hard time going down any ideas on how to make it softer or something?