Hydrochlorothiazide/Lisinopril - does it cause hair loss?

Rajive Goel 14 Feb 2012

Hair loss appears to be a rare complaint in people taking lisinopril. In clinical studies, hair loss was reported in less than 1% of people who took the drug. However, given how common hair loss is in the general population and how rare a complaint it is in people who take lisinopril, it is difficult to say whether hair loss is caused by the medicine, genetics, other factors, or a combination of these things.

tooblessed65 2 Feb 2018

Yes, it does take your hair out. I lost volume ,and length.

Kissamee1 24 Feb 2018

I was on hyrochlorathiazide for a couple of months or so when I started to lose my hair by the handful whenever I would wash it. I was also on a daily aspirin which I later read can exacerbate the hair loss when taken with this med. I stopped the med & it took @ least a month or so for my hair to stop falling out. Thank goodness it did stop. It had to be the hydrochlorothiazide because that was the only new thing in my life & stopping this med eventually stopped the hair loss. I have never had this happen before & I hope that it never happens again! free discount card