because of urine problem
How long does it take to completely leave my system when I stop taking Spiriva?
Question posted by carldaley on 11 March 2010
Last updated on 11 March 2010 by suzanne66
Spiriva has a long elimination half life of 5 to 6 days. This means it takes 5 to 6 days for the body to eliminate half the amount of spiriva present in the body.
It usually takes around 5 to 6 half lives for a drug to be completely eliminated from the body - this means it could take roughly 1 month for spiriva to be out of your system.
Other factors also play a role in eliminating a drug from your system.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
- Spiriva uses and safety info
- Spiriva information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side effects of Spiriva (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.