i am taking 1500 mg a day for ten days now,,and got tested today?
Amoxicillin - false positive for cocaine---
Do take your doctor´s prescription when they give you the test results.-
Before they did the test did you tell them you were on this medication?
If you have a script you should not have a problem, or ask them to get in touch with the doctor who prescribed this med.-
All the best.-
Maso is correct. I thought I would add an excerpt from an article I recently read. It also said many testing facilities have less quality control standards than many restaurants.
"Laboratory slip-ups are to blame for many of the mistaken test results. But even perfect labs running perfect tests will also find many false positives."
False positives are caused by:
1) Nasal decongestants such as Dristan, Neosynephren, Vicks Nasal Spray, and Sudafed, which cause false positives for amphetamines.
2) Poppy seeds like those on a dinner roll, which cause false positives for opiates. Even the highest-quality test currently available, the GCMS test, still confuses poppy seeds with heroin.
3) Pain relievers such as Advil, Nuprin, Midol, Trendar, or any medicine containing Ibuprofin cause false positives for marijuana.
4) Antibiotics such as amoxicillin or ampicillin cause false positives for cocaine.
The above list is only a beginning. Most substances which people have in their blood have never been tested to see if they cause false positives. Indeed, even some natural body enzymes cause false positives. According to research validated by the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment, melanin, the natural pigment which makes skin dark, can cause false positives for marijuana.
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 25 Sep 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Feb 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 4 Jun 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 4 Aug 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 6 Dec 2013 • 1 answer