How do I avoid constipation while taking warfarin?

Anonymous 29 Oct 2011

Hey PEEP 17, I did not think warfain would constipate a person. My brother takes coumadin & does not have that problem at all. I am giving you a site to read about warfarin, & welcome to the site. Also a little Milk of Magnesia would help the constipation. ...

bej1 26 Nov 2011

My Doctor put me on Fiber gel. stops the constipation. take 1 daily

LiverLips 31 Oct 2011

Hi PEEP17! Welcome to :)

I currently take Coumadin (Warfarin) & have been since the end of March. I also used it in June 2008 for the next 12 months. My 92-year old mother has been on Coumadin for 7 years. Neither of us have experienced constipation from this medication.

I would suggest to avoid constipation while taking Warfarin by doing regularly suggested activities such as walking, drinking lots of water, ingesting fiber & fruit and watching what you eat.

All the best, PEEP17!

from Wendy :)

Lynnedz56 31 Oct 2011

I have always found that if anything, warfarin has the opposite affect. I've never heard of it being constipating at all.