What foods should be avoided while taking Xarelto?

Anonymous

The literature and interaction from Drugs.com, does not have a warninf with food.

What should I avoid while taking Xarelto?

Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.

Read under the section: "What other drugs will affect Xarelto?"

Click on the link.

https://www.drugs.com/xarelto.html

Take care,

maso.-

There are no foods that you have to avoid while taking Xarelto. That is the beauty of the drug as opposed to Warfarin. Eat and enjoy yourself.

jason1969 22 Mar 2016

Actually, I would advise against eating yourself, particularly given your increased risk of bleeding.

Anonymous

As with coumadin, you must avoid grapefruit and cranberry anything. Avoid fish oil. Avoid green tea. Absolutely no aspirin products and no steroid or cortisone anything while xarelto is in your system. Avoid anything in the herbal family. You must pass any new meds, vitamins and herbal supplements by your doctor b4 taking.

irisheyes52 5 Sep 2015

WRONG WRONG WRONG. that is the beauty of Xarelto. No food or beverage of choice issues!
You must be thinking of warfarin products as all your comments are true for that drug family.

davethompson01 13 Jan 2016

This is incorrect. Xarelto does not have any food interactions. Before you begin taking ANY medication (herbal, OTC, prescribed, or any other kind) discuss it with your doctor.

Just to help clarify:

(Cranberry and) grapefruit inhibit the body's ability to metabolize Coumadin. Because of this consumption of grapefruit (and cranberry) products can lead to dangerous hemorrhaging. THEY MUST NOT BE CONSUMED WITH COUMADIN! (They have no effect on Xarelto.) While cranberry was actually removed off the label in 2011, many practitioners still recommend against taking cranberry with Coumadin. As always, discuss your situation with your doctor.