Is fluocinonide used a treatment for ringworm?

Rajive Goel 23 Apr 2012

Fluocinonide is a prescription skin medication. It comes in the form of an ointment, gel, topical solution, or cream. Fluocinonide belongs to a group of medications known as topical steroids and is used to treat inflammation and itching due to a wide variety of skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and allergic reactions.

For using it to treat ringworms, please do speak to a doc/pharmacist before you use the med.

Take care, best wishes!

kaismama 23 Apr 2012

Please do not use it for ringworm. Ringworm is a fungal infection, and requires appropriate medication. Steroids will only make an infection worse. The dr is needed for this.

cc123 11 May 2013

I have used this before for my ringworm. My dermatologist actually prescribed it. He said he prescribed it because the other over the counter medications for my ringworm were not working. For me, fluocinonide works.