I am female why have I been given tamsulosin to take for bladder problems?

kaismama 8 Oct 2013

Because it relaxes the muscles of the urinary tract and they've found at times it helps women.

lucyb78 8 Oct 2013

I was prescribed that also and when I went to the pharmacy to get it filled they asked if it was for me and gave me a weird look because they usually prescribe it for men. My doc said some of his patients have had good success with it. Unfortunately for me it had bad side effects like cold sweats, dizziness, rapid heart beat and nausea. I quit taking it and just deal with my retention issues. I seem to have bad side effects with lots of meds I take though. Hopefully it will help you.

abenido1 1 Apr 2014

I too am taking. I have kidney stones. The doctor was shocked to see a woman. The drug has not worked on me either. The kidney stones haven't vudged.my right kidney is four (4) times larger than the left.on the 21st of April 1914 they will retrieve them with a small claw. It's an easy surgery but I'm still a little scared since I have thee impression I'm his first female, diabetic and having it done at the VA hospital.