9 Sep 2010
There are a number of Benzonatate side effects that you should report to the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med. These include but are not limited to:
* Numbing of the mouth or throat, which occurs if the capsules are sucked or chewed instead of swallowed whole and may lead to choking
* Serious heart or blood vessel problems, such as a cardiac arrest, usually due to the anesthetic reaction when the capsules are sucked or chewed instead of swallowed whole
* Numbness of the chest
The above could cause drop in blood pressure, please double check it with you doc/pharmacist.
Swallowing the capsules whole may greatly reduce the risk of many of these serious side effects of benzonatate. Never suck or chew the capsules.
In addition, since benzonatate is chemically related to para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), people who are allergic to PABA may also have allergic reactions to benzonatate.
- Benzonatate Information for Consumers
- Benzonatate Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Benzonatate (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Leaving only a 5 am & a 1 pm dose, I stopped the 1 pm dose. 4 hrs. Later, my heart started racing,cheeks got flushed & blood pressure shot up ...
3 answers • 8 Jun 2012
... woke up i drop down to normal which is 118/76 but i don't feel really well as usual, what should i do, can i stay home or should i go to ...
2 answers • 17 Oct 2012
increases. It is very consistant and I cannot find anything online. I'd like to say I'm a super fit athlete, but... I'd be lying. My ...
1 answer • 30 Oct 2012
I'm supposed to take 100mg Losartin with the Doxazosin but am afraid that my blood pressure will drop to low. Should i take the Losartin?
1 answer • 10 May 2013
... drop in blood pressure to a too low of a blood pressure he felt fine and the pizza boy came and stepped outside to pay and as he reached for the ...
1 answer • 17 Jul 2014