Skip to main content

Does Seroquel make you test positive for benzos on a drug test?

10 Answers

Inactive 14 Oct 2011

No, seroquel (quetiapine) will not.

Here is a list of meds which can cause a false positive:

https://www.drugs.com/article/false-positive-drug-tests.html

jlopez9999 7 Oct 2016

no!! never

Inactive 27 Feb 2012

Hello. No. The two are from two totally different drug families. Take either drug(s) only if perscribed. They can interact with negative, side effects. Best of wishes,pledge

Lemons811 17 Apr 2013

I was on seroquel a few years ago and failed for benzos. I was on no other medication.

Cactus Naomi 4 Mar 2018

I recently had a false positive for benzos. I take very few medications including Benadryl and melatonin and sometimes Seroquel to sleep at night.
Other meds; Ibuprofen, Tylenol. It had to have been the Seroquel. I have read in other forums where it says it can cause a false positive for benzos and PCP. I am 99%certain it was the Seroquel, because I am 100% I didn't take a benzo because they have an adverse effect on me.

Joyw6 3 May 2018

I was only on Seroquel and it showed up on mine. It tested positive under Oxazepam which I've never even heard of that I know is a benzodiazepine.

Joet1998 6 Feb 2019

I had a drug test done today. I’m currently on quetiapine (Seroquel) and it gave false positives for Ketamine and benzodiazepines.

Mkcity 7 Feb 2019

I just melted a cup for benzos and all I take is Seroquel, Aleve and a multivitamin.

Ashnd 13 Aug 2019

Yes it will i go see a doctor every week and get drug tested every single time i go im on seroquel and ive failed for benzos. After the lab results came back he told me the seroquel caused the false positive and said that yes i can .

as51367 30 Mar 2021

In 2012 was on Seroquel and tested positive for Oxazepam. I had never heard of it before.

WildcatVet 30 Mar 2021

"Quetiapine (Seroquel) is an atypical antidepressant drug used to treat bipolar disorder, depression, and schizophrenia. Your drug test may show up positive for benzodiazepines, methadone, or opiates if you are taking quetiapine."
Wildcat