Does finasteride cause high blood pressure?

rachey 3 May 2010

High blood pressure is not generally considered to be a side effect of finasteride. In fact, one of the side effects sometimes experienced is low blood pressure!

Hope this helps.

gbeck 5 May 2010

I took finasteride and with in a few weeks I had to go the the emergency room with a bp of 224/111. After four episodes I finally quit taking the medicine and have not had any extreme episodes since. Doctors never picked up that this was the cause. Am I the only one that has had this side effect?

chalie 5 May 2010

I believe propecia is kicking up my systolic BP by about 25 points. My diastolic is always ok.
Thanks 4 ur answers.

Red67vette 6 days ago

Funny about that, I started finasteride and within 2 weeks had to go to the ER with a 211/105. I haven't stopped taking it because there was another BP med I started taking around the same time, so I'm stopping the BP med first and then finasteride, will let you know the results...

bcobble 7 hours ago

I started taking finasteride about 3 months ago. My BP was about 135/75. I went to the doctor one month ago and it was 160/100 and this week it was 171/115. I was very happy to see your comment as BP change was not listed as a side effect in the literature received with my prescription.
I quit taking it yesterday and my BP was 137/70 at noon today. Thank you gbeck for posting.