Skip to main content

Does celebrex have to build up in your body before it works?

3 Answers

Inactive 29 Oct 2010

Short and sweet, no. It works like aspirin or acetaminophen, or Aleve without the stomach upset. It doesn't work for everyone.

brobst2007 29 Oct 2010

I used Celebrex for years with success,I had to stop using it when I developed liver problems due to a drug called nitrofurant.My liver symptoms have abated so I asked my Dr. to prescribe Celebrex again because I really need more relief from arthritus than I got from melexicam.I started taking it three weeks ago and did not feel better until yesterday.I don't know if that's a fluke or if its now working. thanx pl

joanne burns 3 Nov 2010

Hey Mad Mad are ua Mad Man or r u just damn MAD at the lack of pain control going on?

joanne burns 29 Oct 2010

I am not sure about it building up in your system but I do know celebrex worked great for me. Good luck brobs2007.

The Mad Man 29 Oct 2010

I have tried all the other drugs/NSAIDS and Celebrex is the ONLY one that gives me any relief. I have been off it for too long. I WANT MY CELEBREX AND I NEED IT NOW!

The Mad Man 29 Oct 2010

I am sorry for shouting but I am having surgery on Monday and have to be off the Celebrex 10 days prior and I hate when they do this to me. Pain is pain and the Celebrex helps somewhat on a bad day and then they take me off of it because it is considered a blood thinner(or some such notion) and then all I feel is pain until the surgery. Crazy!

Inactive 29 Oct 2010

They don't want you to bleed to death. I think that is a good reason. :-)) Try ice, heat, stretching, hot bath, go out, get your mind off of it. Good luck!

The Mad Man 29 Oct 2010

Usually my pain really kicks in at night. I use Capsicum patches which get so hot, they take my mind off the pain. That is a temporary fix but during the daytime, I use visual stimulation. I go down to the beach, listen to my music and just jam in my wheelchair. That makes for a good day, but the nights are hell so here goes the second surgery.

Ladybug1962 17 Feb 2018

I start to take celebrex I want to know how long it stay in your system.