I've been using Macrobid, have taken two pills so far and I've been having awful headaches. I was given it for a kidney infection but everything I've read says it's only for bladder infections. I'm so confused. I'm allergic to penicillin and Cipro, my doctor said Keflex wouldn't be strong enough. Is it true that Macrobid isn't for kidney infections.
My doctor prescribed Macrobid for a kidney infection but on here it says only for bladder infection?
- 12 Oct 2018 by parisinthe30sx
- 12 October 2018
- macrobid, infections, headache, bladder infection, kidney infections, doctor, prescription, bladder, kidney, pill
I also have a tooth infection in a root canal tooth that I'm getting extracted. I was prescribed clindamycin, is it safe to take it together with macrobid?
Hi, Macrobid is prescribed for urinary tract infections of which your kidneys are the primary organ. Macrobid is being appropriately prescribed as far as I am concerned.
There are no listed contraindications for Macrobid and Clindamycin but you will, quite possibly, feel a little unwell because of the amount of antibiotics you are taking.
- Macrobid Information for Consumers
- Macrobid Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Macrobid (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.