Do xanax and klonopin show differently in urine tests?

Inactive 18 Jan 2012

Hello cheskahenry. No. They will both show up the same, as a benzodiazepine. Best of wishes,pledge

cherri45 9 Aug 2017

I have a drug screen on friday, its at pain clinic, im on klonopin, but I took a couple zanex yesterday, will they both show up as benzo, or differently.

Melanie47 1 Oct 2018

They will also show which benzo it is that you're using that's how they knew you using another prescription you're not prescribed

Inactive 18 Jan 2012

I must agree with my friend Pledge.

Take care,

maso.-

pauly d 12 May 2013

Hi. I have to strongly disagree with the last two answers. I'm saying because I can back it up with being someone who has taken hundreds of urines myself. Plus I also administered thousands of urines while I worked at a sober house.

The simple answer would be "yes". Unfortunately its not that simple. Many many many of the urines I administered came back negative for benzos when the person only took klonopin or in generic called clonazepam. Xanax or the generic called alprazolam however shows up every time. The company which I'm not going to mention their name (it wouldn't be appropriate) we used was a state of the art, high tech lab able to do forensic testing and they just didn't test for klonopin (clonazepam) like some other labs test for it.

mhelcl 12 May 2013

In summary, there are test that can easily distinguish between the two if they are aiming to do so, however, your particular lab might not be trying to distinguish between the two. Either way, do not risk it, unless you want to find out the hard way.

janettemarie 9 Feb 2015

Um but aren't they both benzodiazepines ? How would it not show up if I've been taking them over a month

Pollution15 21 Sep 2016

Yes it does :(

Angie ray 10 May 2017

I heard it jusit shows as benzos

Cardib 30 Sep 2018

But my doctor told me when I came back that I had caught up in my system and because she didn’t prescribe it to me she took me off of the Xanax I don’t see the difference labeled benzos she should’ve just been testing me for benzo’s

Sharajahnea21 3 Jun 2018

Yes