What is the difference in Flexeril vs Skelaxin?

Anonymous 10 Mar 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain. Flexeril is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat skeletal muscle conditions such as pain or injury.

https://www.drugs.com/flexeril.html

Skelaxin is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) in the brain. Skelaxin is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat discomfort associated with acute skeletal muscle conditions such as pain or injury.

https://www.drugs.com/skelaxin.html

Take care,

maso.-

arcanoidcyst16 10 Mar 2012

They are both muscle relaxers the difference depends upon the dosage.

Anonymous 10 Mar 2012
tammyloosli 18 Dec 2013

They are both muscle relaxers, however Skelaxin helped me so much more than flexeril, the Skelaxin was too much money and I don't have insurance so I get flexeril for now. Can't wait until I can once again get Skelaxin. I have neuropathy really bad and fibromyalgia, back pain etc., so myself (Skelaxin) would be my choice of medication.

vickidurbi 16 Apr 2015

I have also taken skelaxin 800mg 4Xd for extreme debilatating muscle spasms. It works wonderfully, I was changed to methocarbamol 750mg tid. the methacarbamol does not do the job. The doctor changed it R/T the skelaxin was not covered by insurance. and was like $800.00 monthly. A bit much for my disabled pocketbook. Sure wish the skelaxin was cheaper, Because it DOES what it is supposed the do with no side affects at all for me. I am planning on calling the pharmaceutical company to see if I can get some assistance with paying for it/

vickidurbi 16 Apr 2015

The flexeril makes me too groggy and the skelaxin does not. I can function on it. Whereas flexeril I cant
vickidurbi