What is the difference between oxycodone and oxymorphone?

rendered 9 Jul 2013

oxymorphone is generic name for opana and oxycodone is generic name for percocet/oxycontin also oxymorphone is norm a extended release tablet and percocet is either immediate or sustained release.

fandler 16 Jul 2013

Oxymorphone is a stronger medication than Oxycodone and both are available in instant release and extended release versions. They are both opiod medications. Oxycodone is abused slightly more frequently but both are sought by narcotic abusers. Both are available in brand and generic versions but Oxymorphone has a different time release mechanism in the generic versions than what is in the brand name version. I hope that helps.

BBWolff 20 Apr 2014

What is difference between the generics & the brand of time released meds. I take OPs not OCs anymore, which have started too let me down by not working anymore. ..What would be a better choice for neck, & spine, back injuries. Desperately need relief. .I want be able to just walk to bathroom wo screaming out. I'm awaiting my surgeries within next 6wks to hopefully relieve 50% of the pain. Thanks for ur help.

Emily7094 29 Apr 2014

So what's the difference in be tween oxymorphone and Opana? I know they are stronger but I've always taking the generic (morophone) now being switched to the name brand???