Does Cymbalta cause hair loss?

masso 15 Jun 2018
hillybilly53 16 Jun 2018

Thank you Cindy 59. It is nice to know it"s not all in my head.

cindy-59 16 Jun 2018

You are very welcome hillybilly. I know what you mean. I didn't have any idea why my hair was falling out either until I started asking questions too and many people told me that they were taking Cymbalta and their hair was falling out too. Now I let everyone I can that it is one of the side effects. Best wishes to you. Cindy

cindy-59 15 Jun 2018

Hi hillybilly53. Yes Cymbalta certainly does cause hair loss. I am speaking from experience. I have been taking it for approximately 9 years now. I once had a full head of long wavy hair; but I don't anymore. My once long healthy hair was dry and so unhealthy. It lost its shines and I lost so much hair it scared me. My bathtub would plug up because of losing so much hair. I started at 30 mg and went up to 60 mg because it wasn't helping. Over the years I had so many side effects; but it took me years for me to connect them with Cymbalta. I started tapering last year (2017) very slow and I am down to 20 mg. My hair has stopped falling out and my hair is getting fuller again. It is healthier now and I am so relieved. A lot of the horrible side effects are gone now and I am trying to get my life back. It has not been easy; but well worth working at getting this drug out of my body and my life. You can search Cymbalta and hair loss on Google or search it on here on Drugs.com (just go to 'Questions and Answers' and search it). You will find out so much information about Cymbalta and its side effects. I believe that many people do not connect the fact that hair loss; and many other side effects are from Cymbalta because some are not listed. But that does not mean that they are not actual side effects. Take care and I hope you find the information that you need. Best wishes to you.

destined624 5 days ago

I am just starting to wean myself off of this drug, I have had so many horrible side effects from this drug. I initially took for Fibromyalgia pain. My hair is falling out so fast , I had the thickest hair and now it is so thin , I can’t stand it on top of feeling dizzy , insomnia short term memory loss , forgetfulness. In the beginning I didn’t have an appetite and now I have gained weight ! I can’t wait until I am finished with this drug !!!

cindy-59 3 days ago

Hi destined624. I get so angry when I hear that one more person is going through this nightmare. I can't believe that the doctors don't know more about the withdrawals from going off these drugs too fast. Almost every time someone is experiencing as many problems as you are it's because the tapering is being done too fast. How fast are you tapering? It is advised to taper 10% of the last dose every 2 weeks. Some can go a bit faster; but some have to go slower. The taper needs to be slowed down when you get to the end of your taper. This has been proven many times with thousands of people. What dose are you at now? It would be best for you to stop your taper for awhile and let yourself get stable; then start your taper again. I am not a doctor; but I have experienced what you are going through. The withdrawals should be tolerable if you go by 10% once you are stabilized. I had all the problems you are having... my hair falling out was horrible for me too.