Cyclobenzaprine - Can I take this medication for menstrual cramps?

Anonymous 3 Sep 2010

I believe is best that you ask your chemist.

My personal opinion is yes you can take it, but I think there must be a better alternative for you, we are talking about cramps, and this medication is used for muscle spams due to injury, back pain, headache, but no where mentions it can help with menstrual cramps.-

Some input
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, usually abbreviated to NSAIDs or NAIDs

I am not a doctor nor pretend to be one at all, in this case a gynecologist... but I would recommend

Naproxen: Treatment of painful menstrual periods. (brand names include Aleve, Naprosyn, EC-Naprosyn, Anaprox, Anaprox DS, and Naprelan).-

Naproxen commonly used for the reduction of pain, fever, inflammation and stiffness caused by conditions such as osteoarthritis, kidney stones, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, ankylosing spondylitis, MENSTRUAL CRAMPS, tendinitis, bursitis, and the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea.

Ibuprofen
Fenoprofen
Ketoprofen
Flurbiprofen
Oxaprozin

Take care.-

tmh359 15 Sep 2010

I've been prescribed cyclobenzaprine for fybromyalgia. Cyclobenzaprine has been a godsend for my menstrual cramps. Still hurt, but near so bad, and I am not eating painkillers like candy (prescription strength ibuprofen or acetametaphen barely put a dent in that pain). Talk to your doctor if standard pain killers aren't helping.