Clonazepam - What would make Klonopin not show up on a drug screen?

jk13 12 Mar 2011

Klonopin is a very very very long acting drug that will stay in your system fo a long time. The only thing that will cover it up is just not taking the drug. Bring your doctors script in, and you should be in the clear.

harvey111604 15 Mar 2011

I have been on klonopin for at least 6 months along with 8 other medicines and I took 2 mg klonopin 4 times and everyday I always made sure that was in my med tray then starting in Dec. it stopped showing up in my urine test every month so my doctor had to take me off of it and I need this Medicine. I took this medicine religiously if if I took nothing else I swear.

jk13 15 Mar 2011

Odd... the only thing that I can think of is if you have any sort of problems with either your liver or kidneys. Not a pleasant thought, but the only thing that I can think of.

Mergatroid 8 Sep 2011

Mine did not show up when I took it and had a test to work at the hospital. I told them I was on it for sleep, but it does not stay in your system for a long time, and I drink a lot of water, so had to re-test the next day and not drink any water.

Srr1111 7 Mar 2017

That's odd they said it's not in the system for long because it is and one day shouldn't make a difference. Maybe it's not the right medication fit for you.

Jlundy 15 May 2013

This question has baffled me all day. My drs office is kicking me out of the practice because my drug screen did not show the klonopin I take religiously. 5 mg a day. This makes the 3rd test from different doctors that did not show the klonopin in my system. I just don't understand how this can happen. I take my meds as prescribed. Why isn't it showing up. Really upset by this. I really like my doctor and don't want to switch. So if anyone knows how this could happen please tell me. I have to prove to my doctor his test was wrong. Help please. I swear on my sisters grave I take my meds correctly if I didn't I would have major anxiety and panic attacks. I'm at a total loss. Other than I see this is a very common problem with this drug :(

Dumpster Diver 15 May 2013

Wow, all these questions about Klonopin not showing up in urine tests are
baffeling and weird..From my experience Klonopin is a long acting benzo
and stays in your body upwards of a month ot two from long term, steady use..
??What is UP?``DD``.

Jlundy 15 May 2013

Actually guys I have found the answer. The urine test I had on 3-26 after the doctor calling the lab did show a very small amount I the drug in my system. 7 metabolizes. Which is very small. The doctor said klonopin is excreted from your liver extremely quick. Which is why it won't show up on urine tests. Now I also called the manufacture of the drug and they said only 2% of unchanged meds are excreted through your urine. Which I a very very small amount. So unless you take like 2mg 2 hours before your drug urine test it won't show up. Glad I finally found some answers. Now if I can only get the office manager to listen to me maybe I won't get kicked out of the practice. So if this happens to you the dr needs to call the lab an get answers. Instead of jumping to conclusions and flagging you as a drug dealer. Hope this helps someone.

clerk in Florida 28 May 2015

I would like to know myself. I took.2 klonopin 1mg and neex to.go to my doctor for refills amd Dont want to be kicked out program. Got the klonopon from a friend to helo me sleep... how long before they will be out my systems

Redpat6 22 Nov 2016

I've been clozapine for few years,for high end work force very stressful,helps keep your thoughts down,keeps your mind going 100 miles an hour,and anxiety from storms , with anxiety give yourself a shot with an inch-and-a-half needle it use take 20 min.to push need all the way in,so it's a must epically when you poor sweet and turn greenish white about to pass out,not a good thing when you fear needles,and I've been Takeing shots with long ones for a,while in my leg to balance my system to keep normal not to get out of wacky and get hormone diseases thank you for not taking a shot cancer surgery,so this medication helps me a lot,of work in a work place that drug screens all the time,and my dr.told me years ago it whont show up,but at that time I didn't care cause it wasn't on the do not take list,and I had a script,

Barbiew19701nemo 16 Feb 2017

I don't take on a regular backs but couldn't sleep for 3 Day and took a few. It helped now I go to doc in 7 days will it not show?

Nattjenta 28 May 2015

Harvey111604, You're saying you graduated from med school last July? But you don't know how drugs are metabolized in the body? You do not come across as a medically trained person to me. Just my humble opinion.

dandan86 2 Apr 2016

You would be suprised on how much they don't teach in detail! Alot of this stuff you learn in the field hands on.

Billhawks 10 Aug 2016

Strange I was just an RN and we learned all of that the first year in my 3-year diploma degree. My Family Pharmacist saved one of the inserts 4 every drug he had on his Shelf. That was great instead of having to look them up in the PDF this was years ago long before computers LOL. So I alphabetize them and had an immediate access to any drug warnings side effects uses contraindications how it is metabolized xcetera.

firsttimemom410 7 Jun 2015

If your jobs are testing with quickcups klonopin doesn't show up on any that I believe of, only lab tests

Toothpickchick 2 Jun 2016

Mine was a blood draw through the hospital lab and it didn't show up.

JRNYDawg 5 Jan 2016

I am a diabetic& drink several gallons of water a day.. The Klonopin & a few other meds don't show due to this.. My Dr knows I'm taking them as she is my wife

briteyes 6 Jan 2017

IF your wife is your doctor, I hope you BOTH realize that is considered UNETHICAL by the state boards. She can lose her license for this, be careful who you tell this to.

Chucklin 1 Jun 2016

Wow what is said makes no sense to me. A benzo is water soluble which breaks down in 3 days. Thats about the longest they r in ur system. Im not sure if they can differenciate the difference between benzos. If ur a doctor n u dont know this wow. Ur dumb

Toothpickchick 2 Jun 2016

Why call someone dumb? We are here for answers, not to have to deal someone who is hateful.

MiseRae999 2 Jun 2016

sheesh, not only rude but desperately misinformed. some benzos are water-souble, but many are fat-soluble and can last in your system for weeks, potentially months depending on your metabolism/frequency of use. diazepam can be detectable for a very long time even after a single dose. i don't know where you got your information, but it's wrong, friend. maybe it's because of the types of tests you've taken? gas chromatography testing, for example, is highly sensitive and is used to detect even small amounts of benzodiazepine metabolites- that may be another reason you think they're cleared from your system so quickly, you're not taking into account the presence of the compounds that they're broken down into after you've taken them. either way, it's not a great idea to go around calling people dumb when you yourself are providing incorrect information.

icg 21 Oct 2016

Clonazepam is secreted predominantly as a metabolite, 7-aminoclonazepam, in the urine. Many urine drug screens either do not detect this metabolite or are insensitive to it. Reported false negative rate is 25-30%.

amber725 19 days ago

My husband and I both have general anxiety disorder and we are both prescribed Klonopin and Xanax. Both of our doctors test us for like every drug known to man, including over the counter drugs and nicotine. I always show up positive for both Xanax and Klonopin. But my husband doesn't show up for Klonopin. He takes 1mg, 3x a day. I take 1mg 2x a day. His doctor said that Klonopin will not always show up in certain people. He didn't elaborate on why. At first his doctor thought he wasn't taking them and I guess thought he could be selling them. My husband said he could call him and my husband would bring in his Klonopin the next day to be counted so he could see he wasn't selling them or even abusing them. His doctor did it twice and then dismissed him as just one of those people that, for reasons unknown, doesn't show up for it.